PDA

View Full Version : Competition tougher at Paradise?

SeeWillie
01-26-2005, 01:36 AM
I feel good about my play at Party .50/1 and 1/2, but over at Paradise 1/2 I have been getting my ass kicked. Small sample size at Paradise, but I was wondering if anyone had experienced the same? There is an old (almost 2yrs ago) thread comparing the sites, wanted some current opinions.

I wonder if not being able to use GT+ to keep track of my opponents' tendencies at the table is the deciding factor? Or maybe I just stink . . .

just curious . . .

gila
01-26-2005, 02:05 AM
I have played on about 15 sites over the last year; Party Poker is the only one I am down on--Go figure.

playersare
01-26-2005, 02:12 AM
I don't have a big sample size to compare but I did strangely find it tougher whoring off bonuses at 1/2 than 50c/$1 at both paradise and absolute. since the clearing rates are roughly the same at both limits, I just bumped down and concentrated on grinding the raked hands out and not worrying about making a ton of money in actual play. I never actually bothered to sit down with the data to actually figure out what the hell exactly was going on.

besides, I'm only at those places when Party Poker has no reloads going on, which is rare.

AncientPC
01-26-2005, 02:31 AM
I didn't think so, but I play the NL 50 / 100 tables.

rivered
01-26-2005, 09:44 AM
It's tougher than party but it doesn't have the ridiculous rake either at those limits that party does. It's easier than UB or stars though and pretty easy in general.

sfwusc
01-26-2005, 10:05 AM
At 2/4 tables Paradise is worse. I am down there though. They are loose and passive---what more do you want. I got sucked out a lot to make my self be down(sample size is like 800 hands). I dont like the fact i can only play 3 tables.

SFWUSC

stir
01-26-2005, 12:46 PM
At $1/2 full ring Paradise is not as soft as party, but it is a very beatable game - certainly better than Absolute, Stars, UB and Pokerroom in my experience. Your results are probably just the normal variance that can always occur in HE

ohkanada
01-26-2005, 01:18 PM
I am finally clearing my $50 bonus on paradise from a few months back. I was playing the $50 NL game ( 3 tables) last night. I cleared 408 hands and I am up $250 plus another $40 for bonus. So no I don't think the NL game is any tougher. Now of course I had several good situations (big pair vs slightly smaller big pair, etc).

I used to play a lot of the lower limit games on Paradise and I know I found them more difficult than Party and other sites when I was bonus clearing early last year. Now I will just do it at NL.

It is much slower clearing than Party. I 3 tabled for about 6+ hours and only cleared 408 raked hands. Only played about 800 which is only about 45-50 hands an hour per table.

Ken

morgan180
01-26-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm about to start working off my granny bonus - so I hope they're not too tough. Nothing like getting your ass kicked clearing a bonus.

Great avatar by the way MEAT!

groo
01-26-2005, 01:57 PM
When I was clearing the sign up bonus a couple of weeks ago, my PT stats showed that the tables were pretty loose/passive....unfortunately, my bankroll showed that I got my butt kicked anyhow....I didn't get many playable hands and got sucked out when I did, but that happens sometimes when ya play with the fish....and playin with the fish is good, unless it's that special breed.....the brown trout /images/graemlins/smile.gif