PDA

View Full Version : Why is Party hogging my memory?

nolanfan34
01-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Yes, I posted about this same problem with Empire. Unfortunately, the uninstall-reinstall thing isn't working. Check out this screenshot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/nolanfan34/memoryscreenshot.bmp

Why the heck is it taking up so much memory? It's causing my tables to freeze up. FWIW, this shot was taken with just the Party client, and no tables, open.

JayDeeBlackOut
01-26-2005, 01:12 AM
To tell you the truth, I also have encountered the same problem with the PartyPoker client and have found NOTHING about it on the internet. It is actually technically a Processor Usage problem and not a Memory Problem, but to most people that ends up seeming like the same thing. I seem to encounter it after long uptimes and continuous usage of my Bittorrent client. Rebooting my computer solves the problem every time, but obviously that does not mean that has to be the case for everyone.

moondogg
01-26-2005, 01:34 AM
How big is your notes file?

gonores
01-26-2005, 01:50 AM
I have the same problem. So does FSUplayer. It's pissing me off royally. It forced me to accidentally fold a hand I meant to raise on the river of a $400 pot.

nolanfan34
01-26-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, how would I find this? I'm only semi-computer literate. Like I knew how to pull up task manager to look at my memory usage, but I don't really know how to diagnose it past that.

Another user mentioned bittorrent, and I don't have or use that program. In fact, my computer is pretty much only used for poker playing and web surfing.

moondogg
01-26-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, how would I find this? I'm only semi-computer literate. Like I knew how to pull up task manager to look at my memory usage, but I don't really know how to diagnose it past that.

Another user mentioned bittorrent, and I don't have or use that program. In fact, my computer is pretty much only used for poker playing and web surfing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are exporting notes from PT, your notes file can get pretty big, especially if you are datamining too.

The file should be located at C:\Program Files\Party Poker\Notes.txt (or something similar).

I remember hearing some reports (probably from MS Sunshine) that a huge notes file can really slow down the Party software because it loads the entire thing into memory when the software starts up.

FishBurger
01-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm having the same problem with Eurobet (a Party skin). Maybe it's actually a problem with the network communication or something. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

nolanfan34
01-26-2005, 12:38 PM
OK, that's interesting. To follow up, and make an embarrassing admission, what if I'm not using PT or doing any datamining? Would that still make a difference?

stoxtrader
01-26-2005, 12:51 PM
all of my party skins spike usage when I close them and I know for a fact it is notes file related (mine is about 3MB). but for chrissakes, its a simple text file. I shutdown my poker applications using ctrl+alt+del, but I have not as yet experienced usage spikes during sessions or at logon...

moondogg
01-26-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, that's interesting. To follow up, and make an embarrassing admission, what if I'm not using PT or doing any datamining? Would that still make a difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

When then I have no clue. Sorry.

BTW, I wouldn't call it embarrassing. After following the multitable/pokertracker/playerview discussion over in General, I'm no longer apt to criticize people who don't use the playerview/notes export/etc. However, I think using PT (or a very fancy spreadsheet) for tracking one's own results is important.

goodguy_1
01-26-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I shutdown my poker applications using ctrl+alt+del, but I have not as yet experienced usage spikes during sessions or at logon...

[/ QUOTE ]
same here my notes file is almost 5mbs and I must close any Party room thru the windows task manager.If I have just rebooted and only have 1-2 rooms open you usually I dont need to manually close the exe file but for me if I've been online w/o rebooting for any decent amount of time and playing/multitasking w/ multiple rooms open I must manually close the program..just an annoyance really