PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Sophia
01-26-2005, 12:41 AM

Nate tha' Great
01-26-2005, 12:50 AM
When in doubt, bet a scare card when you've had the lead and feel comfortable folding to a raise, as you should be here.

admiralfluff
01-26-2005, 12:51 AM
that's a reasonable question. I hate playing hands like this. I often take a similar line, but call the river bet unless I have specific reads on my opponents. If they are calling stationy-ish I bet the river, and if they are super weak tight I check/fold the turn. I feel very uncomfortable playing hands like this, so I would love to hear others' perspectives.

edit:I like nate's line much better.

Sophia
01-26-2005, 03:21 AM

arkady
01-26-2005, 03:49 AM
generally my advice to you would be: Unless you are dealing with shmucks who are overly aggressive or love to bluff, if you are going to call - bet instead.

bernie
01-26-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I could have, but the fact that the CO was now betting convinced me to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You called the COs bet on the turn and folded to the UTGs bet on the river closing the action. The river card isn't a scare card.

b

Sophia
01-26-2005, 05:16 AM

bernie
01-26-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think betting out here on the river is just asking to be raised and have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. Remember, the 6 isn't a scare card.

I'd have bet out on the turn. Since you called the turn, you call the river to close the action. Or at least i would.

b

robert_utk
01-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Well you got overinvolved in a bb hand without the courage to see the river. Happens to me when I lose my concentration after a long day or when I lose focus after many winning sessions and old habits creep in. In this situation I checkraise the flop and represent any scare card on the turn. The rare free card usually means no flush draw present AND your q is good so that info is worth the risk in the check raise of giving the free card. The first bettor is usually a flush draw or a better queen so it should be obvious to checkraise to figure out "where yer at". When I bet out the turn and get raised I fold unless the raiser is a maniac. Or if there are two callers my bad kicker is probably beat or they have a baby flush so then I consider check on river and hope for a free showdown or maybe call one bettor but not both. This way I have a good read on if my hand is worth a showdown or not and there are clearer times when folding is correct. You spent a total 2.0 bets and gave up in confusion. My method costs 2.5 with my checkraise and lead bet on the turn and for that extra .5 I pretty much know where I stand and can chose to give up or showdown with the extra info. ......So, read any good books lately?

Bob T.
01-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Bet the turn, and then decide what to do after you see the action there. You certainly didn't give anyone a chance to fold.