PDA

View Full Version : Re: Truepoker

05-12-2002, 09:09 PM
"(I cannot tell you who else you can trust. I can only suggest you use common sense when someone offers 50% sign-up bonuses or uses secret, in-house prop players.)

Those are just my opinions.

David Gzesh, CEO"

David,

I find this use of the forum offensive. I appreciate you answering questions here, but please spare us the mudslinging. Partypoker uses props, and they are more trustworthy in my, and others, opinion. "secret" prop players are a fact in alot of poker rooms throughout the world. Just because you choose not to use them, doesn't make it wrong to do so.

Tuco.

PS. Please spare me all the "truepoker is right not to use them" posts, it is not the point.

05-12-2002, 09:14 PM
On a side note,

I am another waiting for Truepoker to step up and offer a deposit bonus. I will play there when they decide to do so. All other big sites offer them, so I have been depositing elsewhere.

Tuco.

05-12-2002, 09:32 PM
Dear Tuco_Ramirez:

No mudslinging intent here, sorry if you took it that way.

I did not know Party Poker has a policy of concealing props identities.... I was thinking of the Highlands practices past when I opined about two possible indicators.

David Gzesh

05-12-2002, 09:35 PM
"I did not know Party Poker has a policy of concealing props identities...."

LMAO

Good turn of the phrase.

MS Sunshine

05-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Dear Tuco_Ramirez:

Truepoker pays an up-front deposit bonus every day for players using VISA or Mastercard. We give the full chip value of the buy-in, about a 5%. Sorry, I don't want you to think I'm slinging mud. We have been doing this for 8+ months for every credit card buy-in. (This bonus program may change to a rebate program as we bring on other player promotions.)

Truepoker has paid a 10% deposit bonus for cashiers check deposits, up to a $100.00 bonus per deposit.

My opinion regarding a continual 50% bonus offer arose because that seemed a very high price to pay for a deposit and limited resulting "captive play", one which seems guaranteed to put the offering site under water on a cashflow basis at least temporarily.

(Thanks for grouping us with the "other big sites". Generally speaking, the 'big site" deposit bonuses represent very rational marketing decisions those companies have made. Truepoker simply has allocated marketing a bit differently, we're spending some money to attract new poker players.)

David Gzesh

05-12-2002, 10:02 PM
David,

Your reply was even more offensive than your original post.

You were obviously slamming other sites. You did it again in your reply. This does not help your crediblitly with internet poker players such as myself. Please spare me the patronizing responses.

Tuco.

05-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Sorry, if I misunderstood Tuco's post. I thought he was saying that. I should not blindly trust/assume what he seemed to say was "fact' and will ask Party directly.

David Gzesh

05-12-2002, 10:19 PM
Tuco,

Sorry, I offended you again. I originally did not mention any sites, just offered an opinion about two glaring practices from a site which publicly has had trouble paying customers and employees. The original thread post asked about "Trust" of sites. A later post asked specifically about Truepoker. Sorry if you were offended by my voicing an opinion from this perspective.

David

05-12-2002, 10:24 PM
David,

ALL sites refund the credit card fee in some fashion. ALL sites also offer deposit bonuses from time to time. I was not aware of your cashier's check bonus program, but I would not deposit with this method, so it's of no use to me. I look forward to you offering a 10% paypal bonus.

I'm glad that you are doing well. Your software is the most entertaining available. I prefer speed over entertainment, but that is just my opinion, and i'm sure it is in the minority.

Tuco.

05-12-2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the "most entertaining software" mention.

I'll let you know about future bonuses for other deposit methods, which are being worked on.

(On a side note, a difference between our upfront bonus and a rebate program is that our upfront bonus probably puts more money in winning players' pockets than does a similar rebate bonus. This is because the "rebate" site program never has to rebate chips to a losing player who deposits and busts out before earning a full rebate.)

Thanks for posting and smacking me in the head. Your insights are always valuable, even if we disagree.

David Gzesh

05-12-2002, 11:03 PM