PDA

View Full Version : a mozilla firefox question

cnfuzzd
01-25-2005, 10:56 PM
so, whenever i try to play a movie file in firefox, it plays through the quicktime plugin. I am not a fan of QT, and would much rather have it open through an external player like windows mediaplayer. How do i make this happen?

peace

john nickle

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 11:09 PM
if QT is your default player fire up WMP and it should prompt you to assign it as your default player.

deacsoft
01-25-2005, 11:28 PM
You may also be able to choose which file (where different media players can be found) to open the video with after the download is complete. There may be an "open with ->" option.

cnfuzzd
01-25-2005, 11:53 PM
the issue isnt when i download a file to play, but when i double click on a media file in embedded(if thats the right term) in a webpage. And i figured out it doesnt always happen. The "women/truth" media file posted above plays in mediaplayer.

peace

john nickle

eric5148
01-26-2005, 04:38 AM
I don't know if I totally understand the question, but try going into Win MP and looking for preferences or options. Then look for an option to associate file types for that program.

eric5148
01-26-2005, 04:43 AM
Ok, I went into Media Player and I think I found it. Click the little down arrow next to the minus sign at the top right. Then click view>plugins>options. Click the file types tab and select all the file types you want Media Player to be the default player for.