PDA

View Full Version : 3/6, KQ Flop/Turn Decisions

dmk
01-25-2005, 10:01 PM
I've been running over the table for the past few orbits getting some ridiculous cards. Haven't been involved w/ villian yet, appears to have kept in-line so far.

Was I too aggressive on the flop? If the turn was a blank I was going to either call down, or bet/fold to a raise if checked to. Since I now had an OE str8 draw, I decided to take a free card and see a showdown for a bet (or 2 if improved).

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

bisonbison
01-25-2005, 10:02 PM
nice hand.

chief444
01-25-2005, 10:14 PM
When BB check/raises the flop, it looks to me like he's trying to protect something that you probably beat. So I think the 3-bet is fine. I reconsider this though the second he caps out of position. And his cap and then check on the turn certainly looks like he's just waiting to raise.