PDA

View Full Version : a fun experiment

SossMan
01-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Same lucky chances tourney as the "ho-hum crap on the table" hand.

I have been thinking about how to vary my bet size to accomplish what I want while keeping one step ahead of the crowd.

A few hands before this one, there was a hand that involved a loosey goosey (LG) and a good TAG. The TAG raised preflop and LG called him from the button. Two players see a Q high flop. TAG bets, LG calls.
Turn is a K. TAG bets out a weird amount of t675 (one black t500 chip, one blue t100 chip, and three green t25 chips) into about a t1000 pot.
LG doesn't like to fold.
everyone at the table knows he's beat here, it's just a matter of how bad.
LG hates to fold.
LG looks at his cards, looks at the bet, and reluctantly mucks. He isn't happy about being "pushed around".

Fast forward a few hands. I get 88 in the BB and flat call a 3x raise from LG who is in MP. Everyone else folds.
Blinds are 25/50.
pot = 325

Flop comes K 8 x
For fun, I bet out t675 (one black t500 chip, one blue t100 chip, three green t25 chips).

thoughts?

wAzZu24
01-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Thats awesome, i bet he got the wierdest look on his face and then shoved in his chips with anger, and then you busted him.

Lloyd
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
First off, let me know next time you're heading over to LC for the Sunday tourney. I usually play in it every other week.

I think it's a good bet based on your read of this player. If he's got a piece of the flop, he'll probably call an overbet just as often as a pot-size bet. I've been surprised by how many LG-type players there are at LC, and how often they make just ridiculous calls.

patrick dicaprio
01-25-2005, 10:16 PM
if you are at a live tourney and have time to think of stuff like this then your mind works a lot faster than mine!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

why the hell why not try it? hard to believe he wont call. i cant wait to see the results. glad you didnt do it with a bad hand, then i would have to find you and slap you. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Pat

SossMan
01-26-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are at a live tourney and have time to think of stuff like this then your mind works a lot faster than mine!!

[/ QUOTE ]

we get dealt about three hands a week, and there's really nothing else to think about.

eleventy
01-26-2005, 01:52 PM
I've done similar at 25NL party tables. One guy always bet odd amounts like 1.23, 2.34...6.78 and make comments after. I waited til I had him beat and bet out 12.34 he called, lost and left next hand. The table had a good laugh at least. How did yours turn out?

etgryphon
01-26-2005, 01:57 PM
C'mon don't hold out...That the funniest crap I can think of to do at the table. You made my day.

-Gryph

Potowame
01-26-2005, 02:16 PM
I was told that the guy pushed in over top with KQ, Soss called. then, turned his cards up and did his naked S h i t on the table dance. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SossMan
01-26-2005, 02:24 PM
he folded and was out very soon thereafter. guess i bet too much for his QJo.

eleventy
01-26-2005, 02:29 PM
shoulda check raised him that amount.