PDA

View Full Version : don't know what to say

gasoltub
01-25-2005, 07:20 PM
I registered for a freeroll tournament on Multipoker tonight, but unfortunately I couldn't make it home in time to participate.
Imagine my surprise when I got home and checked the results...
Out of 959 participants I finished 38 without playing /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
and the top hundred were in the money.
I was stunned. I placed 38 of 959 by folding every hand /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

gasoltub
01-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Ok, there was actually an implicit question in my post. But I guess it wasn't very clear /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Question: How could this happen? Are the other players SO bad? Or was it just a coincidence?

Any theories?

Zinzan
01-26-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Question: How could this happen? Are the other players SO bad? Or was it just a coincidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the play in freerolls is terrible. A lot of these players have never played in a multi before, and lack patience. Still, you were fortunate to sneak into the money.

But let this be a lesson to you next time you're in a multitable tournament (IF you decide to actually show up /images/graemlins/wink.gif--play few hands, and it's not that hard to make the money. Play good hands, play smart, don't suffer bad beats, and the sky is the limit.

-Z

-Z