View Full Version : Blind war turned ackward

sourbeaver
01-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Party Poker 25NL, (6 max, 4 handed)

BB ($50.7)
UTG ($30.3)
Button ($49.8)
Hero ($45.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, Hero (poster) calls $0.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.50) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, Button calls $42.30 (All-In), Hero calls $24.15 (All-In).

River: ($95.95) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $95.95

I thought I'd take a shot at a set or maybe just steal after the flop, which often happens in 25NL 6-Max. His flop bet looked like a typical small-pot steal, no sweat. Then I turn the set. Dissect my line on this one, I was trying to get the most out of it.

Burno
01-25-2005, 06:29 PM
His line is very consistent for a bad player with a huge flopped hand. Think about it. Min raise preflop, min bet on flop. And then when you call that flop bet he overbets the turn, probably putting you on the flush draw or some straight draw. I think he has two pair, a set, or flopped the straight.

All of that being said, I'm still putting all my money in on the turn against a typical party clown.

I don't hate your flop call IF you actually have some chance of taking this pot away from him AND you will actually follow through, not check fold when you don't spike your set.

sourbeaver
01-27-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he has two pair, a set, or flopped the straight.

All of that being said, I'm still putting all my money in on the turn against a typical party clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back, it really is the "typical party clown" hypothesis that made me jam my money in the pot, thinking he was on a pair or 2-pair. But with those stack sizes, I should've been more careful and perhaps call the turn.

Anyway, he showed me the flopped straight to take it down. I didn't feel too bad, but i still think I could've gone slower, given the board, and my redraw outs on the river, which would've gotten me his whole stack for sure.

schwza
01-27-2005, 04:30 PM
i would check-fold the flop. you're 1/25 to make it, so you need to win an average of $12 (including the $3 in the pot) when you hit. the odds aren't there, especially since sometimes you'll hit and lose.

once you got there on the turn, you should definitely go to the felt. i like the way you played it. his most likely hand is Ax, and a turn c/r is probably the best way to get the money in. check-calling the turn would be a bad mistake - you have a big big hand, but it's vulnerable (to straight and flush cards. they might kill your action even if you are ahead, too).