PDA

View Full Version : Boosting Cars

Benal
01-25-2005, 04:54 PM
My car wouldnt start this morning. Dead battery. Figured I'd boost it using the wifes car. Well goddamn I almost fried myself! You shoulda seen the sparks fly! Connecting the + to the - and the - to the + is a big nono...

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:57 PM
haha, yeah bad idea.

Sponger15SB
01-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Hahaha.

Yeah my old cars battery was shot so I used to have to jump it like every 2 weeks.

I became such a freaking pro at it. Booya!

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My car wouldnt start this morning. Dead battery. Figured I'd boost it using the wifes car. Well goddamn I almost fried myself! You shoulda seen the sparks fly! Connecting the + to the - and the - to the + is a big nono...

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean jump it? I think boosting cars means stealing them. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ed Miller
01-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Jumping and boosting are sort of different. Though boosting can get you into just as much trouble...

Rick Diesel
01-25-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean jump it? I think boosting cars means stealing them. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what I thought. I thought this was going to be a thread about stealing cars, therefore I was naturally interested.

Benal
01-25-2005, 05:09 PM
"My car needs a boost"

"My car needs a jump"

Hmmmmm

Boris
01-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Hahaha! You should do it again but have somebody run the video tape and then put it on 2+2.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"My car needs a boost"

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says that?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-25-2005, 05:20 PM
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I thought for sure you meant turbo or super-charging cars, which is what people usually mean when they talk about boosting a car (or stealing it). Then I get in here and it turns out you just don't know how to work a pair of jumper cables and talk like... I don't know, a Brit or whoever would say "boosting" instead of "jumping".

Benal
01-25-2005, 05:29 PM
I guess we talk different up here in Canukistan.