PDA

View Full Version : Westcoast rap mix

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Per Spongers request I am starting this thread because I want some help expanding my music library, but I want only Westcoast rap music. Please post some suggestions here, new or old, but for my sake don't say obvious stuff like "anything from the Chronic, anything from Doggystyle...etc." I am particulary looking for stuff from the late 80's and early to mid 90's.

Holla.

daryn
01-25-2005, 04:27 PM
so you want to hear new (to you) stuff?

that seems near impossible. aren't you THE authority on here for hip hop?

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:29 PM
e-40
any hiero crew stuff
pick up some old b-mello mix tapes
early alkaholiks

you know what, [censored] it...i am so out of it when it comes to west coast stuff. i am useless. just pick up some project pat and call it a day.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]no, I do not consider myself the authority on anything.

And to be honest with you, there is probably a lot of stuff I haven't heard. I missed out on a lot of the early west coast stuff like King Tee and Comptons Most Wanted.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:32 PM
meh, the Bay Area is sorta bleh, to me atleast.

dr. klopek
01-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Well, early-mid 90s wasn't exactly the non-gangsta heyday, but the first thing that comes to mind is "'93 til Infinity" by Souls of Mischief. Also, try out some Del, "Future Development" is a good one, although it is newer than you requested. Del has older [censored] too, like "No Need for Alarm," and "I Wish My Brother George Was Here." Also, "Innercity Griots" by Freestyle Fellowship is great and has a seriously early-90s feel.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
meh, the Bay Area is sorta bleh, to me atleast.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you basically just want socal stuff? that's a pretty specific request.

i'll stand by my project pat suggestion (hey, memphis is close to the west coast, right?).

brassnuts
01-25-2005, 04:33 PM
I can give some suggestions for rap in early to mid 90's. Mostly Bay Area crap. You'll either love or hate most of it.

Obviously Too Short.
Mac Dre - Young Black Brotha was a good album. Rompalation was pretty good too.
I liked Mac Mall's first album - Illegal Business.
Andre Nickatina had some good stuff back when he called himself Dre Dog.
E40 & tha click.
Dru Down.
Da Luniz.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Big Mac
01-25-2005, 04:34 PM
A yo yo that wants some yo yo yo music. Ight, why not try Vanilla Ice.

Word.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, early-mid 90s wasn't exactly the non-gangsta heyday, but the first thing that comes to mind is "'93 til Infinity" by Souls of Mischief. Also, try out some Del, "Future Development" is a good one, although it is newer than you requested. Del has older [censored] too, like "No Need for Alarm," and "I Wish My Brother George Was Here." Also, "Innercity Griots" by Freestyle Fellowship is great and has a seriously early-90s feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

some of the old out-of-print hiero crew stuff was reissued recently. the quality is so-so on some tracks, but it's good stuff.

blatant flame-bait: east coast > west coast /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sponger15SB
01-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Ice T - New Jack Hustler

^ actually there are tons of good Ice T songs I just can't think of them off the top of my head.

dr. klopek
01-25-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
east coast > west coast /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:37 PM
I need to check out some Mac Dre.

Hmmm.... well anyone have any recommendations for some early Ice Cube, Ice Tea, The DOC, MC Eiht, [censored] like that. I really like the whole LA area stuff, but Bay Area works too.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:39 PM
yeah Hiero is cool, so is souls of mischief, but they aren't gangsta enough for me.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i won't get into this because i am not really like that when it comes to hip hop. but, if i were to argue that point, i would prove it thus:

nas "illmatic"
public enemy "it takes a nation of millions to hold us back"
gang starr "hard to earn"

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to check out some Mac Dre.

Hmmm.... well anyone have any recommendations for some early Ice Cube, Ice Tea, The DOC, MC Eiht, [censored] like that. I really like the whole LA area stuff, but Bay Area works too.

[/ QUOTE ]

ice cube: amerikkka's most wanted, and his next two solo albums (can't remember the names off the top of my head)
ice-t: power, og

Benal
NWA - Straight Outta Compton

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i won't get into this because i am not really like that when it comes to hip hop. but, if i were to argue that point, i would prove it thus:

nas "illmatic"

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah anyways, give me some damn songs!!!!!!1 /images/graemlins/mad.gif

quit set trippin you douches!!!!!!!!!!

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
give me some damn songs!!!!!!1 /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh you want individual songs?

start with ice-t "colors," "og original gangster," basically anything off "power"

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
yeah I have "colors", okay I'll check that other song out.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that a given?

that's like asking for suggestions of books about god and responding, "the bible." /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Benal
01-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Well it wasnt mentioned yet so /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

...and its the only rap I know lol

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a second. you refer to og as "that other song" and you're considered the hip-hop authority around here? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a second. you refer to og as "that other song" and you're considered the hip-hop authority around here? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]quit being a douche, you douche.

tolbiny
DMS- Takin' Ends- from up in Sea town

daryn
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]no, I do not consider myself the authority on anything.

And to be honest with you, there is probably a lot of stuff I haven't heard. I missed out on a lot of the early west coast stuff like King Tee and Comptons Most Wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't being gay or sarcastic like everyone else does, i seriously consider you to be the authority on hip hop.

razor
01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

geez, even I have that album.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 05:09 PM
I just wanted to add I am bumping "colors" right now on my iPod.... I feel like an OG.

Rick Diesel
01-25-2005, 05:13 PM
The Alkoholics (sc) and Too Short.

"You see I made up my mind when I was seventeen
I ain't with no marriage and a wedding ring
I'll be a playa fo life, so where's my wife
probly at the rehab, smoking the pipe"

Too Short is the [censored].

Rick Diesel
01-25-2005, 05:16 PM
I don't even know where they are from, but during the time period that you suggested, the Geto Boys put out some great stuff.

BusterStacks
01-25-2005, 05:41 PM
That's hillarious how the east coast guys are STILL clingin' to "Illmatic" like it was the greatest album ever made. Sure it was good, Nas' best even, but it is overrated and can't compare to the better west coast stuff.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's hillarious how the east coast guys are STILL clingin' to "Illmatic" like it was the greatest album ever made. Sure it was good, Nas' best even, but it is overrated and can't compare to the better west coast stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an insane lunatic. not saying it's THE greatest, but it's certainly top 5.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't even know where they are from, but during the time period that you suggested, the Geto Boys put out some great stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think houston, texas. i'm not 100% though.

my mind's playing tricks on me = classic.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup they are from the 5th Ward down in H-Town. Actually I wouldn't mind some old school southern stuff as well.

MikeNaked
01-25-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta"

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta"

[/ QUOTE ]

that's scarface solo i think.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I wouldn't mind some old school southern stuff as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

project pat. not that old, and actually more midwest than southern, but soooooo good.

"i'm hungry for cheese like hungry hungry hippo"

shant
01-25-2005, 06:05 PM
Are these part of the obvious suggestions so nobody mentioned them?

DJ Quik - Quik is the Name
Masta Ace - Sittin' On Chrome

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I wouldn't mind some old school southern stuff as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

project pat. not that old, and actually more midwest than southern, but soooooo good.

"i'm hungry for cheese like hungry hungry hippo"

[/ QUOTE ]
quit talking about Project Pat, I've heard him before, he should have stayed with 3-6.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are these part of the obvious suggestions so nobody mentioned them?

DJ Quik - Quik is the Name
Masta Ace - Sittin' On Chrome

[/ QUOTE ]yeah I like Quik and Masta Ace is from NY, althought that CD is both dope and westcoast sounding.

shant
01-25-2005, 06:08 PM
Wow, didn't know he was from NY. That CD sounds so west coast. Good to know.

M2d
01-25-2005, 06:09 PM
dude, I figured you'd start with Seatown Ballers.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, didn't know he was from NY. That CD sounds so west coast. Good to know.

[/ QUOTE ]Masta Ace makes some weird CD's where like everyone has a theme. Sitting on Chrome starts out with Ace talking about his cousin from SoCal visting him in NY and basically the whole CD is about that. You'll notice during some of the skits he talks about his cousin. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

shant
01-25-2005, 06:17 PM
AH ok, I need to pay more attention to the intros and skits.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AH ok, I need to pay more attention to the intros and skits.

[/ QUOTE ]meh not really, skits and intro's are so stupid and worthless, there are only a few ever that are great like the Wu-Tang clan skit where they talk made ish to each other and Raekwon says "I'd sew yo ass hole shut and keep feeding ya and feeding ya and feeding ya" ish kills me man.

shant
01-25-2005, 06:25 PM
haha that intro is classic. that and the other one on that album where i think it's also raekwon who sets a record for the most time i've heard someone say "guh" in 30 seconds.

"he's lying on the floor like a [censored] baby, guh."

i think "guh" is him talkin to u-god.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
quit talking about Project Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

never

ThaSaltCracka
"is he dead"
"whatya mean is he [censored] dead?!!? he's lying on the [censored] floor with his brain all over the place, of course he's [censored] dead!!"

"aye yo Meth wheres my Killah tape!!"

Ulysses
Somewhat random aside. I watched Tupac: Resurrection last night. Overall it was pretty weak, I thought.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raekwon says "I'd sew yo ass hole shut and keep feeding ya and feeding ya and feeding ya" ish kills me man.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was meth, but whatever.

redman has had some funny skits. my favorite being the fvcked-up chickenhead convention, and the niggas in newark news report.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Somewhat random aside. I watched Tupac: Resurrection last night. Overall it was pretty weak, I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't seen it, what was it like? Preachy?

Ulysses
01-25-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not especially. It was more like watching a bunch of MTV News clips and random Tupac footage all kinda strung together. There were definitely moments, but those moments to me mainly served to point out how great a documentary could really be made about Tupac's life.

The Yugoslavian
01-25-2005, 06:38 PM
This will be bay area I suppose -- I'll let others cover Southern Cali.

E-40. He's one of the most overlooked rappers on the West Coast. He's also reponsible for ~95% of Snoop Dogg's current vocabulary. His first 'big' song was Captain Save A Ho -- instant classic. Also, Digital Underground has some great songs from that one good album back in the day (even besides Freaks of the Industry and Humpty Dance). Too Short is essential -- just about anything from him back then was solid. I always liked Rappin' 4 Tay if you want to get some of his stuff. Luniz are solid. Dru Down had that one great Pimp Of The Year anthem. Also, don't forget Hammer! He actually was good back in the day (seriously ... no really!). Richie Rich actually was also quite good back in the day -- I forget any specific albums or song names though, /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

There also was some guy named Tupac who came on the scene in the early 90s -- forget if he was any good though.

Yugoslav

Oh, I love Warren G's regulate ablum FWIW which would be at the tail end of your timeline.

nolanfan34
01-25-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not especially. It was more like watching a bunch of MTV News clips and random Tupac footage all kinda strung together. There were definitely moments, but those moments to me mainly served to point out how great a documentary could really be made about Tupac's life.

[/ QUOTE ]

It got nominated for an Oscar in the Best Documentary category. I thought that was interesting.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't like E-40.

Anyways Richie Rich is sick man, awesome style and IMO good lyricist. hmmm..... I might school some of you guys on some cool bay area rap, I just need to remember the names /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I love Warren G's regulate ablum FWIW which would be at the tail end of your timeline.

[/ QUOTE ] No, thats perfect, the LBC is way sick, Dove Shack, Domino, Trey Dee, good stuff man.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The day Tupacs mom loosens her grip on her sons image and dare I say legacy, will be a great day for hip hop fans.

The Yugoslavian
01-25-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it but there is no new material presented or many insights. Could have been much better but *easily* could have been much, much worse. Good movie to pop in when you want to reminisce -- just don't expect much food for thought (and given Tupac as the subject matter, there should have been plenty).

El Diablo, didn't you think the way they used his voice through the whole thing was seamless?? That *was* his voice the whole time, right?

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
01-25-2005, 06:48 PM
I like Wyclef Jean's skits -- generally of high quality.

But yes, Wu has some classics. RZA also made sure their albums were inundated with great atmospheric Chinese movie kung-fu quotes.

I hate almost all skits I hear on ablums nowadays. They aren't funny, aren't interesting and don't piece the album together -- what's the deal!?!?

Yugoslav

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate almost all skits I hear on ablums nowadays. They aren't funny, aren't interesting and don't piece the album together -- what's the deal!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with you on that. it's like in the early-to-mid 90s when every cd had to have a "hidden track." it's as if rappers feel obligated to include skits because of convention.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with you on that. it's like in the early-to-mid 90s when every cd had to have a "hidden track." it's as if rappers feel obligated to include skits because of convention.

[/ QUOTE ]
Luda has some funny skits.

Algasm
01-25-2005, 07:13 PM
If you want gangsta you should try Spice One. Bay area guy back in the early 90's. I think his stuff was decent.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want gangsta you should try Spice One. Bay area guy back in the early 90's. I think his stuff was decent.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah Spice 1 was pretty cool, as well as C-Bo, Brotha Lynch, X-Raided, Yukmouth.

The Yugoslavian
01-25-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, how'd I leave Spice One off of my list. Oh well. I'm sure I left plenty of guys off for that matter.

Yugoslav

Vince Young
01-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Ice Cube, Ice T, and NWA. That's about it.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ice Cube, Ice T, and NWA. That's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]these are all really mainstream, I know there has to be some stuff I missed.

Vince Young
01-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I have no idea who the good underground rappers were in the 80's and 90's. If you want current stuff, Mc Eiht and Crooked I &gt; all.

dr. klopek
01-25-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
east coast &gt; west coast /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

nas "illmatic"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

feh.

Vince Young
01-25-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

nas "illmatic"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Those albums &gt; The West.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who the good underground rappers were in the 80's and 90's. If you want current stuff, Mc Eiht and Crooked I &gt; all.

[/ QUOTE ]Crooked I? Okay see this is what I was looking for.

brassnuts
01-25-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah Spice 1 was pretty cool, as well as C-Bo, Brotha Lynch, X-Raided, Yukmouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno what I was thinking leaving these off list. To quote some of the genius of X-Raided: "I'm givin her love and affection in all her silky sections... Shooting milky secretions in her direction."

kemystery
01-25-2005, 09:57 PM
no particular order........... except the later 90's songs are towards the end of the list

'I get around' Tupac and Digital Underground

'Bop Gun' Ice Cube/George Clinton (also 'Today was a good day')

'Mind playin tricks on me' Geto Boys

'Ain't no future in your frontin' MC Breed

'I got 5 on it' Luniz

'No one can do it better' The D.O.C. (NWA side proj- listenable)

'I'd rather f*ck you' Eazy E (many to pick from- a personal fave)

'Lost in Thought' Funkdoobiest (*a must)

'Can I get a bitch?' Too Short feat. Ant Banks

'Regulators' Warren G

'Ain't no fun (if the homies can't have none)' Nate Dogg Snoop Warren G

'Illusions' Cypress Hill

If you really want West coast...

'We're all in the same gang' West Coast All Stars

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Okay
MC Breed and Funkdoobiest, nice.

bonanz
01-25-2005, 10:26 PM
oh yeah what was the name of that mc breed and pac song. that was a good song.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah what was the name of that mc breed and pac song. that was a good song.

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno.

solid
01-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Dunno if these have been mentioned, but:
Ras Kass "Soul on Ice" is a must have.
Xzibit's "At the Speed of Life" ("Papparazzi" is a ridiculous cut)
Oh, and this is probably a little different than what you're looking for but it's still a ridiculously tight album - Haiku D'Etat (self titled)

dr. klopek
01-26-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

nas "illmatic"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Those albums &gt; The West.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. We shouldn't get into this...again. All I'm going to say is that when I say the West I'm not talking about Dre, Snoop, or Tupac. When I say East I'm not talking about Jay-Z, Nas, or Biggie.

How can one of your arguments for the superiority of the east not be Kweli? How can you ignore that Haiku D'Etat (greatest ever) is from L.A.? We probably don't like the same s[/i]hit anyway.

dr. klopek
01-26-2005, 03:17 AM
If you haven't already, check out The Coup. In particular, any thing from "Genocide &amp; Juice," or my personal favorite: "My Car is Better Than Your Shoes" from "Steal This Album."

ThaSaltCracka
01-26-2005, 03:32 AM
aight I'll check them out, I am attempting to Dl Haiku.....

solid
01-26-2005, 08:47 AM
The Coup's "Me and Jesus the Pimp in a 79 Granada Last Night" (also from "Steal This Album") is probably my favorite hip hop song. Pretty much anything they have put out is fire.

lucas9000
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How can one of your arguments for the superiority of the east not be Kweli?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he's borderline-terrible. his voice is annoying, his flow is spotty at best, and he uses way too many similes (though he seems to have gotten better about that lately).

i gave the homerun arguments for the east. i could just as easily have said oc, diamond, kool keith (yeah i know he lives in ca now but he did his ultramag stuff in ny and he's from ny), mr. lif, epmd, de la soul, rakim, kane, kool g rap, kmd, etc etc etc.

[ QUOTE ]
How can you ignore that Haiku D'Etat (greatest ever) is from L.A.?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't, and they're not.

[ QUOTE ]
We probably don't like the same s[/i]hit anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

so now it's going to be an "i'm more underground/indie than you" argument? weak. that you think kweli is so good and THE representative of the east speaks volumes.

ThaSaltCracka
01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Uh dude Kweli is sick, have you heard Blackstar or Kweli and Hi-Tek? His last album(not most recent) was sick too.

[ QUOTE ]
so now it's going to be an "i'm more underground/indie than you" argument? weak

[/ QUOTE ] He is saying you just like a different sound. indie westcoast hip hop is not the same as indie eastcoast, damn why am I calling it indie? whatever.

lucas9000
01-26-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh dude Kweli is sick, have you heard Blackstar or Kweli and Hi-Tek? His last album(not most recent) was sick too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i own them. kweli is just weak, imo. he has nothing to offer. the best things that ever happened to him were teaming up with mos def and then that kanye beat. have you heard mr. lif? kweli wishes he was mr. lif.

[ QUOTE ]
He is saying you just like a different sound. indie westcoast hip hop is not the same as indie eastcoast,

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me, i know.

lucas9000
01-26-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ras Kass

[/ QUOTE ]

we have a winner.

ThaSaltCracka
01-26-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, i own them. kweli is just weak, imo. he has nothing to offer. the best things that ever happened to him were teaming up with mos def and then that kanye beat.

[/ QUOTE ] you are retarded, you say this even though you own Kweli and Hi-Tek? IMO, his new stuff blows but everything up until his new album was good.

[ QUOTE ]
trust me, i know.

[/ QUOTE ] well then why are you acting like he dissed you? jevus crist

lucas9000
01-26-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yes, i own them. kweli is just weak, imo. he has nothing to offer. the best things that ever happened to him were teaming up with mos def and then that kanye beat.

[/ QUOTE ] you are retarded, you say this even though you own Kweli and Hi-Tek? IMO, his new stuff blows but everything up until his new album was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny, it's my opinion that people who think kweli is amazing either haven't heard much hip-hop, or are retarded.

if two people call each other retarded, is it cancelled out so neither is retarded? or are they both retarded for calling people retarded on the internet? i'm leaning towards the latter.

ThaSaltCracka
01-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I never said he was amazing, but I think he was very good. I skipped the newest album because I heard it was meh, and he seems to be falling off IMO.

you retard

Shajen
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
hey man, you got the Atliens cd by Outkast?

Some good shish that always gets forgotten.....

ThaSaltCracka
01-26-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]dude, I own every Outkast CD. Go check out some of their early proteges, Goodie Mob's "Soul Food" and "Still Standing" and Youngbloodz "against the grain".

Shajen
01-26-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]dude, I own every Outkast CD. Go check out some of their early proteges, Goodie Mob's "Soul Food" and "Still Standing" and Youngbloodz "against the grain".

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured as much, but everyone forgets the South when they talk music...sad, really.

I'll have to check out what you said. thanks.

ThaSaltCracka
01-26-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured as much, but everyone forgets the South when they talk music...sad, really.

I'll have to check out what you said. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ] Don't buy the new Youngbloodz, its just crunk music, but their first CD was heavily influenced by Outkast.

lucas9000
01-26-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the title of this thread /images/graemlins/wink.gif

if you like outkast, in addition to those already mentioned, check out killer mike and nappy roots. as far as the south in general goes, there's so much good stuff it's tough to know where to begin (although beginning with outkast is as good a starting point as any).

dr. klopek
01-26-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so now it's going to be an "i'm more underground/indie than you" argument? weak. that you think kweli is so good and THE representative of the east speaks volumes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no, this was an attempt at acknowledging that we won't agree on this and this is a pointless argument, man. That's all. I like all the s[/i]hit you mentioned, and, for once, I am not trying to argue a matter of preference. As for Kweli....wow, I just can't see that, everything before "Quality" is amazing.

dr. klopek
01-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Also, anything from "all balls don't bounce" by aceyalone. If it's gonna be one song, make it "the greatest show on earth."