PDA

View Full Version : How many bets with KK?

ElSapo
01-25-2005, 03:15 PM
I think this hand is fine, but does anyone cap the turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

chief444
01-25-2005, 03:21 PM
I think the hand is fine too.

I would consider capping the turn only if CO remained in. But SB's 3-bet on the turn has me thinking KK may not be good.

cold_cash
01-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Not unless the SB is retarded.

He has to have some idea about the strength of your hand, and I don't imagine QQ, JJ, and TT 3-bet the turn.

This looks like a flopped set or a somewhat sneakily played AA.

I think you played it just right.

spydog
01-25-2005, 03:32 PM
What is your read on the SB? He has seen you 3-bet preflop and cap the flop against heavy action, yet he still leads the turn. Hmmmmmm.....you are probably behind and need to call down, unless you feel OK raising the turn and folding to a 3-bet. Why not just call the turn bet and let CO donate to the pot?

cold_cash
01-25-2005, 03:38 PM
If he just calls the turn the CO will be able to call profitably with all kinds of stuff getting 13:1.

If he raises and cuts those odds to 7:1 the CO will be making a mistake calling with a gutshot or a 5-outer.

spydog
01-25-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he just calls the turn the CO will be able to call profitably with all kinds of stuff getting 13:1.

If he raises and cuts those odds to 7:1 the CO will be making a mistake calling with a gutshot or a 5-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what you say if you think Hero is still ahead. I believe Hero is drawing to 2 outs and raising to protect his hand from CO is not worth it because of the likelihood of a 3-bet. If you think the SB is playing TT, JJ, or QQ this strongly, then I like your line. Personally, I don't think so.

NOTE: My answers may be slightly tainted from being able to see that the SB 3-bets. This post would have been better had it been cut off at SB's turn bet.

cold_cash
01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
I think I'd risk a 3-bet from the SB to knock out the CO because:

1. The pot is big, and
2. We could still be winning.

Actually, I think even if I was heads up in this spot I would put in one raise on the turn before I called down.

Prior to SB's turn 3-bet, I think QQ or JJ are real possibilities.

ElSapo
01-25-2005, 06:08 PM
SB showed AA and I thought his play was interesting. I still think he should have capped, but I'm pretty sure he gained by not in this specific case.

MoreWineII
01-25-2005, 06:27 PM
I think his preflop play sucks. Would you really have played the hand any differently had he capped preflop? I can't see where you would've.

Seems to me he just cost himself a coupla small bets...

Warchant88
01-25-2005, 06:30 PM
The SB acts as if he flopped set in my opinion. The raise pre-flop is pretty interesting, and I think it shows of a mid-pair, either 99 or 77. Once he 3-bets the flop, I think you should know you are behind.

ElSapo
01-25-2005, 06:37 PM
You wouldn't three-it with QQ?

I don't realize I'm behind until the turn.