PDA

View Full Version : Labels on standard (cheap) dice chips?

Etaipo
01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Have been considering printing up some labels for my cheapie chips until my bankroll can afford me a large set of custom chips.

I'm not sure that it will work though. I have seen pictures of the NexGens, and they appear to have a recessed center, perfect for a sticker. The standard dice chips, however, do not have this recessed center.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do the labels come off easy? Are the chips still easily stackable?

jalsing
01-25-2005, 03:25 PM
I believe many people have sucessfully labelled non-recessed centered chips, such as the dice chip. While not ideal, generally the sticker holds up well, so far as what I've seen. I labelled my 1000 "cheaper than even dice" chips and only occasionally have I seen a label edge get caught and start to peel.

In my experience, they still stack just as good, if not better as the label tends to eliminate 'some' of the slickness from the surface. My chip case is like 1/2" longer than the 50 chips I put in each row, so I can't really attest to how this would be affected, but I've heard reports that a tight chip rack will lose a chip due to the extra thickness 2 labels/chip adds.

Fins
01-25-2005, 05:34 PM
From you avatar I'm guessing you're looking for stamps?

This may have some helpful info:
Dice Chips Label Thread (http://www.scottkeen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1386)

- Fins

Etaipo
01-26-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From you avatar I'm guessing you're looking for stamps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not stamps...;)

And thanks for the link.

Just read the NexGen Label thread you linked in the....other label thread too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

grandgnu
01-26-2005, 08:00 AM
I've got 1500 of the Dice Chips, with labels on both sides. The labels add to the thickness of the chips. Where I could put 20 into a row of a plastic tray, now only 19 fit.

The labels tend to create a bit more friction on the chips (i.e. they're not as slippery) so I find it easier to chip shuffle.

In my experience, you cannot peel the stickers off without runining them (the stickers). Sometimes they don't always line up perfectly, but I haven't seen the stickers catch or peel off on their own.

Saved me $80 and 2 weeks compared with hot stamping the chips. Although putting on 3,000 labels isn't fun, good thing my girlfriend likes playing with stickers!

I purchased mine from a guy named Jason, who actually lives in Worcester, MA (about 40 minutes east of my city). He's on ebay and has good prizes, excellent communication and fast shipping (I ordered mine on a Thursday and had them the next day)

Here's a link to his auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcin0s3

*disclaimer* I am not this person on ebay, nor do I have any vested stake or profit in his sales. This is all based on my personal experiences, I am not responsible for your experiences.

msb
01-27-2005, 04:56 PM
What about the over hang?

How much does the label over hang the center circle? Does this detract from the look? I'm afaid of the labels hanging up there or players "playing" with the part that overhangs and ripping it.

What's your (or others) experience?

Thanks,
Matt

grandgnu
01-27-2005, 06:11 PM
The labels I got do not hang over the edge of my dice chips, but different chips and/or labels may, well, be different.