PDA

View Full Version : Greatest NFL RB of all time

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 02:34 PM

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 02:36 PM
I voted for Barry but it was tough, because I think its most likely Payton. The reason I voted for Barry though was because I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that if he was still playing, he would have shattered Paytons' mark. Simply the most dangerous weapon I can think of at the running back posistion, ever.

Anyways, thoughts?

swede123
01-25-2005, 02:38 PM
I picked Barry Sanders, 'cause watching highlights of him is just like watching highlights of MJ playing hoops. The level of control and athleticism is just so far above everyone else that it looks easy.

Cheers,

Swede

M2d
01-25-2005, 02:39 PM
This is silly. there are only two choices on this list that should be considered (and they're the only two receiving votes, thus far).

if it were a season long thing, maybe you could add ED and throw Campbell's name in. For a single run ("best" at that one moment), it's hard to ignore Sweetness. For best of all time, though, Brown first with Sanders second.

gonores
01-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Your list features several glaring omissions, including OJ and Sayers.

The correct answer, though, is Payton. Barry was the best rusher. Payton was the greatest running back.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 02:40 PM
well to be honest, I consider Barry, Walter, and Jim to be the top three, but each one was sort of a different runner, if you have ever seen some highlights of Jim Brown you would be astounded at how fast he was. Like I said it was a tough choice for me.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The correct answer, though, is Payton. Barry was the best rusher. Payton was the greatest running back.

[/ QUOTE ] so vote other then. I don't consider Sayers one of the greats though, his lack of longevity hurts him, OJ is null as well, but thats what happens when you kill your wife.

Bluffoon
01-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Never saw Jim Brown play so I picked Sanders but it probably should be Brown.

Boris
01-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Barry Sanders was not the greatest running back of all time.

drewjustdrew
01-25-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is generally assumed that we are talking rushing and pass catching ability.

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I am guessing you voted for Payton.

Boris
The only two choices are Payton and Brown. Sanders was spectacular but not one of the greats.

drewjustdrew
01-25-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither was Jim Brown, for the same reason. Neither player gave it their all. They both quit without leaving it on the field.

Schneids
01-25-2005, 02:46 PM
lol who voted for Smith?

Paluka
01-25-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm no football expert but this is my take: Jim Brown and Barry Sanders have the highest peak values but are difficutl to compare because they played in differenet eras. Payton clearly had the longest, most succesful career but was never head and shoulders above everyone else the way Brown and Sanders were.

Boris
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Correct. In terms of his impact on a game, Sanders was more like a Randy Moss. He was good for some big plays but he was often a liability when the team was trying to go on a time consuming drive.

SomethingClever
You forgot Reuben Droughns!

Just kidding. Payton.

Barry might have been the greatest female RB of all time though /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
The only two choices are Payton and Brown. Sanders was spectacular but not one of the greats.

[/ QUOTE ]well you can't deny that Barry would have surpased Payton on the all time list in atleast 2 seasons if he kept playing, this while playing on horrible teams.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither was Jim Brown, for the same reason. Neither player gave it their all. They both quit without leaving it on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice post.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Correct....... He was good for some big plays but he was often a liability when the team was trying to go on a time consuming drive.

[/ QUOTE ]what do you mean? he scored to quickly?

gonores
01-25-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is generally assumed that we are talking rushing and pass catching ability.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope that isn't true. Barry's inability to block anyone was very detrimental to the Lions' offense. All the other main contenders for this throne (Emmitt, Walter, Jim) won titles and generally played for good teams. Barry never took his team within a sniff of the promised land.

CCass
01-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Sanders is probably the greatest runner of all time. When you take into consideration pass catching and blocking, Payton has to be the winner. In fact, I am not sure Sanders would make my top 5.

Payton, Smith, Brown, and Allen were all better all-around players than Sanders.

Boris
01-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Sanders' typical game is that he would go off for one or two spectacular runs and then have bunch of carries for losses or 1-2 yards.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All the other main contenders for this throne (Emmitt, Walter, Jim) won titles and generally played for good teams.

[/ QUOTE ] yup and Barry played for horrible teams, which IMO makes his rushing totals that much more impressive, but I agree zero rings does hold him back some.

NoPeak
01-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Gotta go with Sweetness!

BottlesOf
01-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Sorry, I see no option for Ron Dayne.

Boris
01-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Nice one.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 02:59 PM
sanders averaged roughly 30 catches a year, not bad. Payton had about twice as many receptions as Barry. meh, haha.

bosoxfan
01-25-2005, 03:04 PM
This should so obviously be Jim Brown. He led the league in rushing 8 of his 9 seasons and finished his career with a 5.2 average.

Clarkmeister
01-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Considering that Jim Brown is the greatest player to ever play, he's likely the best RB also. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering that Jim Brown is the greatest player to ever play, he's likely the best RB also. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]the results are coming out just like how I thought they would, so basically Brown, Payton, and Sanders are the three best, and it basically comes down to prefrence.

andyfox
01-25-2005, 03:20 PM
I can't imagine anybody who saw him play picking anybody else. He could run around you, he could run through you. The defense was scared of him, he was so strong. His records were compiled in nine twelve-game seasons. Look up his college team's record the year he won the Heisman if you want to understand how impressed people were with him. In his spare time, he was also the best lacrosse player in the country.

bosoxfan
01-25-2005, 03:27 PM
half his seasons were 14 games. but over 9 seasons he averaged 104 yards per game and 5.2 per carry.

DeezNuts
01-25-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted for Barry but it was tough, because I think its most likely Payton. The reason I voted for Barry though was because I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that if he was still playing, he would have shattered Paytons' mark. Simply the most dangerous weapon I can think of at the running back posistion, ever.

Anyways, thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Sander's dad introduce him as "the third greatest running back of all-time!" at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony?

If your pops don't say you're the best, I don't think you have much of a leg to stand on.

DN

fnord_too
01-25-2005, 03:42 PM
I was torn between Peyton and Brown, I don't remember who had the worst line. Sanders was pretty amazing, too, but I don't think he carried his team as much as the first two (though I could be wrong there, my memory is pretty fuzzy today and I don't feel like googling.)

Toro
01-25-2005, 03:48 PM
If you didn't vote for Jim Brown, then you never saw him play. In a class all by himself.

Edit: Is OJ left off the poll because he's a murderer because he's better than half you have on the list?

Clarkmeister
01-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Sanders came out of the game in goal-line situations. How could he possibly be considered the greatest RB of all time?

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine anybody who saw him play picking anybody else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Jim Brown? I doubt most of us have seen much more of him than a few highlight reels...unfortunately.

hoyaboy1
01-25-2005, 04:01 PM
I had to choose Brown, since every old guy I hear says he was the best.

fnord_too
01-25-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sanders came out of the game in goal-line situations. How could he possibly be considered the greatest RB of all time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it was between Peyton and Brown for me. I said sanders was great (which I think he is), but that he didn't carry his team as much AFAIK.

Smith did a lot for his team, but I think a lot of running backs could have with the line he had. He was still a strong RB, but I think he owes a lot of his success to his line and the schemes.

Also, it has been a long time since I thought about pro ball seriously, so everything I say comes with a caveat that I probably don't know what the hell I am talking about here.

tdarko
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
i am still wondering why emmitt smith hasnt even really been mentioned?? not saying he is number one (i did vote for him though--i'm a cowboy fan what can i say) but he definately could be argued in the top 3 if not as the best.
check out his numbers they are very impressive--he combines productivity with longevity.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Smith played on great teams with an awesome O-Line. If anything Emmit is probably overrated by some.

fnord_too
01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]the results are coming out just like how I thought they would, so basically Brown, Payton, and Sanders are the three best, and it basically comes down to prefrence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't dismiss the fact that those are the first three choices. The way choices are ordered can have a big impact on survey results.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't dismiss the fact that those are the first three choices. The way choices are ordered can have a big impact on survey results.

[/ QUOTE ] yeah but some times its painfully obvious who the best are.

I would like to point out that a lot of the votes for Barry are probably from people my age, and probably most of the votes for Brown are from people close to Andy's age /images/graemlins/grin.gif. IMO, these three are the best backs for their respective eras.

Clarkmeister
01-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Sorry, my comment wasn't really directed at you, your post just happened to be the last one in the thread so I replied to it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tdarko
01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
i was at the games, he often times made the line look better than they were with his balance and his vision. i do see everyone's arguments too though thats why i said he could be "argued in the top 3," because coming up the greatest of all time in any sport is way too difficult cause there are too many factors that go into it.
jim brown you could argue say that he was a man amongst boys back when o-lines werent over 250lbs and you could say barry sanders was detrimental to his team with his inability to block and his numerous negative gaining plays but it doesnt take away the fact that the were the greats at their position just like emmitt was.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Smith played on great teams with an awesome O-Line. If anything Emmit is probably overrated by some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad Beat Coming
01-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Any discussion of OVERALL running back (that is, including both rushing and pass catching) has at least two glaring omissions: Thurman Thomas and Marshall Faulk. I vote for Thermal.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any discussion of OVERALL running back (that is, including both rushing and pass catching) has at least two glaring omissions: Thurman Thomas and Marshall Faulk. I vote for Thermal.

[/ QUOTE ]no.

Schneids
01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
The demographics of the 2+2 audience yields these results unsurprising.

rickthekeg
01-25-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no.

[/ QUOTE ]

rickthekeg
01-25-2005, 04:58 PM
I voted for Payton, but if I were older I'd probably vote for Brown.

Boris
01-25-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, my comment wasn't really directed at you, your post just happened to be the last one in the thread so I replied to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who do you think you are, David Sklansky?

bugstud
01-25-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All the other main contenders for this throne (Emmitt, Walter, Jim) won titles and generally played for good teams.

[/ QUOTE ] yup and Barry played for horrible teams, which IMO makes his rushing totals that much more impressive, but I agree zero rings does hold him back some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick, name me good Bears Payton-led teams other than the '85 team.

......I'm still waiting

Jim Brown is #1, Payton #@, Sander a distant 3. It's scary to think how many more yards Brown had if he didn't have probably a top-5(of his era) RB as his backup that got a bunch of carries.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1975-finished 3rd in Conference
1976-2nd
1977-2nd
1978-3rd
1979-2nd
1980-3rd
1981-5th
1982-11th
1983-2nd
1984-1st
1985-1st
1986-1st
1987-1st

Walter Payton played from 1975-1987, nearly everyone one of those teams looks pretty good.

tolbiny
01-25-2005, 06:28 PM
The reason sanders had so many runs for losses is that his offensive line (and QB and WR's) were amoung the worst in the league virtually every year. it is a testimont to sanders' skill that he was able to put up such numbers on that team.

As far as best ever goes Jim Brown gets my vote, e was fast and strong as hell. And if he hadn't left the league early his record would have been the one that Smith broke.
As far as pure ablity to make opponents miss- Sanders Takes that one hands down.

bernie
01-25-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he caused alot of FFL leagues to change scoring systems because of this. I know we did.

b

bernie
01-25-2005, 07:18 PM
For me it's Payton. He was kind of Barry before barry was around except a helluva lot stronger. No O line all those years in Chicago. He was kind of a combo of J Brown and Barry to me. He took the beatings and still kept going. Or he could put a move on you. Funny that many of his highlights seem to be against my fav team. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Which was about the only highlights I could get for them for a long while.

Jim Brown was just dominating. Watching his old runs was like watching a truck drive on the field and guys trying to tackle it. However, it was a different era and the players weren't quite like they are today or in Paytons time. But that goes both ways. Hard to compare the 2 in that respect. Who knows how Payton would've done back then.

Emmitt? Way overrated. I think even TSC could average a yard or 2 behind that O-LINE that he got to run behind. I don't think a great RB can be measured when he's on a great team. Since they have so many other weapons it makes his job much easier (ie..faulk) it's hard to really tell just how good they really are. Numbers definitely don't tell all. How really good was faulk when he was a colt?

Bo Jackson would've been great. Steven Jackson (rams) could be the 2nd coming of him, but who knows.

All the others listed? No.

Campbell!?!

Hell if he's on there you should put 'Backstabbed' Alexander on there. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

b

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 07:22 PM
thanks Bernie

Shajen
01-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Sweetness.

Best running back I ever saw. And he was a class act.

I don't know anything really about Brown. Sanders was the best player on a horrible team.

But there's no doubt they are the top three.

BTW, did you know one of the reasons Sanders quit?

Didn't want to break Payton's record. Word.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
yeah I think he also didn't want to play for the lions anymore.

Shajen
01-25-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I think he also didn't want to play for the lions anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was the main one...hence me saying "one"

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Toro
01-25-2005, 08:57 PM
You left out Gayle Sayers too. I'd put him above a few on your lst.

The Dude
01-25-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
nh.

Shajen
01-25-2005, 09:05 PM
you know, if Bo hadn't suffered that injury, he'd be in the top 4 easily.

The man as a freak.

MrFeelNothin
01-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Who voted for bettis or cmart? misclicks guys? these two should not even be anywhere near this list.

scott1
01-25-2005, 09:39 PM
jim brown no debate

DontRaisePlz
01-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Two players that are an absolute must in this poll:
1. Dickerson
2. Faulk

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two players that are an absolute must in this poll:
1. Dickerson
2. Faulk

[/ QUOTE ]no.

Victor
01-25-2005, 10:12 PM
def between jim brown and payton.

bo jackson was beastnasty tho and who knows what he coulda done. he has some of the greatest runs ever and i believe has the most career 90+ yard runs.

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-25-2005, 10:15 PM
O.J. Simpson

bugstud
01-26-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1975-finished 3rd in Conference
1976-2nd
1977-2nd
1978-3rd
1979-2nd
1980-3rd
1981-5th
1982-11th
1983-2nd
1984-1st
1985-1st
1986-1st
1987-1st

Walter Payton played from 1975-1987, nearly everyone one of those teams looks pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either your stats are way off or you have a different definition of "Conference" than I do.

1975 4-10
1976 7-7
1977 9-5, lost first round
1978 7-9
1979 10-6 lost wild card game
1980 7-9
1981 6-10
1982 3-6
1983 8-8
1984 10-6, lost in NFC title game 23-0
1985 15-1, super bowl
1986 14-2, lost their fisrt playoff game
1987 11-4, lost their fisrt playoff game

The '85 era teams were good, but won a total of one playoff game not held in the '85 season. Good? Maybe...kinda like the Dolphins of recent years I guess.

vulturesrow
01-26-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

bo jackson was beastnasty tho and who knows what he coulda done. he has some of the greatest runs ever and i believe has the most career 90+ yard runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bo Jackson pwned Tecmo Football.

ThaSaltCracka
01-26-2005, 01:26 AM
perhaps I meant division, I dunno.

realwtf
01-26-2005, 01:55 AM
I chose Walter Payton. He would be a back I would build a team around. He did everything on the field.

For one game I would pick Jim Brown. Only reason he is not the #1 choice is becuase even he admits he didn't do things like block in the backfield.

Walter Payton was one of the best blockers in the backfield.

Barry Sanders I would pick for one play =) He was great in his own way.

Michael Davis
01-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Barry Sanders is the wrong answer. By a large margin. This only shows the forum's youth.

-Michael

mikeyvegas
01-26-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Barry Sanders is the wrong answer. By a large margin. This only shows the forum's youth.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right...he only played in the league when it had bigger, and faster athletes with better coaching.

bugstud
01-26-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right...he only played in the league when it had bigger, and faster athletes with better coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever see Walter Payton run out of bounds on his own free will?

That's something that's missing from today's game.

SinCityGuy
01-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Gayle Sayers.

bdk3clash
01-30-2005, 06:31 AM
I've always looked at it this way:

One game: Jim Brown
One season: Gayle Sayers
One career: Walter Payton

Not having Gayle Sayers as a choice is borderline criminal. HAVE YOU NOT SEEN BRIAN'S SONG?

cubbiebob
01-30-2005, 06:42 AM
I was glad to see Bo Jackson on the list. Although his career was short, he was one of the best I ever saw play. So powerful, but he also got outside quicker almost all of them.

I never saw Jim Brown, but I guess he gets my vote.

Toro
02-02-2005, 10:56 PM
According to Summer Sanders Sports list:

10. Earl Campbell
9. Tony Dorsett
8. Marcus Allen
7. Eric Dickerson
6. Gayle Sayers
5. O. J. Simpson
4. Emmitt Smith
3. Barry Sanders
2. Walter Payton
1. Jim Brown

ThaSaltCracka
02-02-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

10. Earl Campbell
9. Tony Dorsett
8. Marcus Allen
7. Eric Dickerson
6. Gayle Sayers
5. O. J. Simpson
4. Emmitt Smith
3. Barry Sanders
2. Walter Payton
1. Jim Brown

[/ QUOTE ]
Safe list, 'cept OJ shouldn't be there, killing someone takes you off the list.

Toro
02-02-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

10. Earl Campbell
9. Tony Dorsett
8. Marcus Allen
7. Eric Dickerson
6. Gayle Sayers
5. O. J. Simpson
4. Emmitt Smith
3. Barry Sanders
2. Walter Payton
1. Jim Brown

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you describe his running style? "slasher type"

Shajen
02-03-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

10. Earl Campbell
9. Tony Dorsett
8. Marcus Allen
7. Eric Dickerson
6. Gayle Sayers
5. O. J. Simpson
4. Emmitt Smith
3. Barry Sanders
2. Walter Payton
1. Jim Brown

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey TSC, was longevity an issue when they made this list?

Jim Brown was amazing (from the footage I've seen), but in my mind, he didn't play long enough to be the greatest ever.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

10. Earl Campbell
9. Tony Dorsett
8. Marcus Allen
7. Eric Dickerson
6. Gayle Sayers
5. O. J. Simpson
4. Emmitt Smith
3. Barry Sanders
2. Walter Payton
1. Jim Brown

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey TSC, was longevity an issue when they made this list?

Jim Brown was amazing (from the footage I've seen), but in my mind, he didn't play long enough to be the greatest ever.

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't watch it, but the fact that Gayle Sayers was on the lists probably means no.

Shajen
02-03-2005, 02:45 PM
true dat, missed his name in the list.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 02:49 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SossMan
02-03-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bo Jackson pwned Tecmo Football.

[/ QUOTE ]

weak. it's techmo bowl. and, yes, he did rule...toss sweep all day long.

banditbdl
02-03-2005, 03:16 PM
It's gotta be Brown. He's consistently spoken of as unstoppable, intimidating, and/or terrifying. Barry or somebody like Gale Sayers might be more fun to watch but if I'm playing on a NFL football team a guy like Brown is the one I'm gonna want to have on my side.

If, you want to look at stats, look at the rushing yards per game, rushing yards per carry, and number of carries for every TD. Barry is the only one who is really close to him. However, Barry was a loser so he is out.

Finally, some have criticized Brown for "not leaving it all on the field". Sure, he left the game before his time, but he did so for valid (if disputable reasons) and when he did play he never missed a game and rarely if ever shirked a hit.

drewjustdrew
02-03-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Barry's inability to block anyone was very detrimental to the Lions' offense...Barry never took his team within a sniff of the promised land.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that you are from Wisconsin, so this is clearly bitter resentment that the Pack decided on Big Tony Mandarich over Barry. And Barry took his team to the NFC championship the year the Mark Rypien Redskins beat the Bills in 1992. Granted they got crushed that game, but before it, they were sniffing.

drewjustdrew
02-03-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN BRIAN'S SONG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when did implied homosexual tendencies have anything to do with this poll?

tripdad
02-03-2005, 04:44 PM
sorry is this has been asked already, but why on earth is Marcus Allen on this list?

also, i think it is telling that Sanders is running away with the victory in this poll. this is due to a) young posters b) Payton and Brown splitting votes c) the high value placed on flashiness in today's society (see reason a).

Jim Brown was the most dominant football player who ever lived. nobody who is of the age to have seen him play, or played with or against him, would disagree with that.

cheers!

drewjustdrew
02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Jim Brown was the most dominant football player who ever lived. nobody who is of the age to have seen him play, or played with or against him, would disagree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the poll should be prefaced with "in their era". I would imagine that Christian Okoye would have been a monster in the Brown era.