PDA

View Full Version : Wished I had the 'poker pro red card' last night....

kurto
01-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Last night I'm playing on a crazy table at PS .25BB NL.

This maniac came to the table and in the course of 45 minutes, gave away over 2 stacks (about $60). He was raising anywhere from .75 to $2 3-5 hands. After awhile, his crazy play seemed infectious because 2 other people went into semi-maniac mode. People were calling with Q high and betting the pot if they caught anything.

I stayed tight and made some nice pots.

When people got small stacked, there was a lot of All-ins with usually just one caller (or several short stacked people)

Then this hand came up....
UTG+1 goes All-in for $4. Considering his miniscule stack, and his play, he could have had anything.
A decent MP player with a $45 stack calls. This player was calling with speculative hands (10-J suited, any PP, J-K suited, A-K through A-J suited, etc.) but played well post flop. Considering the action on the board, either player could have had anything.

folds to me, on the button with pocket Jacks. My stack is $54.

I thought and thought. I wasn't afraid of the first player's bet. And because he was all-in, I wasn't worried about any difficult decisions after the flop.

It was the MP player, with the $45 stack that worried me. I knew there was good chance that I had the best hand. But he wouldn't be calling with junk. What worried me was that, with the pot as it was, and the crazy betting/bluffing that was going on... he could have anywhere from 2 overcards to pocket aces... No one was going to let this pot go easy...

WHAT'S YOUR MOVE?

JKratzer
01-25-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd raise. He could have any pocket pair or suited connectors you said, raise enough to make him lay down most of those hands otherwise you're going to have a tough play after the flop unless you hit your set. Maybe a $10 raise and if he comes back over the top fold.