PDA

View Full Version : Do you see any trends developing in my first 100 SNGs?

wulfheir
01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Here's the data from my first 100 SNGs $5+.50 on Stars. Is this a waste of time with only 100 SNGs or is there anything you see that may be showing signs of weakness?
http://www.wulfheir.com/pics/spreadsheet1.jpg

Insty
01-25-2005, 01:06 PM
If you're playing for fun. Keep it up!
If you're playing for profit you should only play on Sundays and Wednesdays.

El Maximo
01-25-2005, 01:14 PM
You dont have a large enough sample size to draw any real conclusions to your true win rate. But the trend is not great. The $5 are crushable. I think even with a bad run you could generate a higher ROI. From the number of 7-10 finishes you seem to be playing tight in the early rounds. This is good. I think you need to look at your short-handed game. You could be too aggressive or too passive. How are you typically getting knocked out? Getting blinded down and getting desperate with a small stack? Being too aggressive with weak hands and getting called by better hands? Ask a few veterans to take a look at some hand histories. Especially when you are 4-6 handed. Post alot of hands. Focus on short-handed play. It will turn around.

sofere
01-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Its hard to give someone advice on how they're playing based solely on their finish stats. This needs to be taken in conjunction with the hands you've played at different levels. Try posting some hands that you had questions on.

I did notice a lot of 6th and 7th place finishes and that leads me to believe that you're getting involved in too many hands early. Try tightening up significantly until round 4 (there's usually only 6 people left by then anyway at that level).

wulfheir
01-25-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You dont have a large enough sample size to draw any real conclusions to your true win rate. But the trend is not great. The $5 are crushable. I think even with a bad run you could generate a higher ROI. From the number of 7-10 finishes you seem to be playing tight in the early rounds. This is good. I think you need to look at your short-handed game. You could be too aggressive or too passive. How are you typically getting knocked out? Getting blinded down and getting desperate with a small stack? Being too aggressive with weak hands and getting called by better hands? Ask a few veterans to take a look at some hand histories. Especially when you are 4-6 handed. Post alot of hands. Focus on short-handed play. It will turn around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not blinded out 4-6 handed, that's when i usually start loosening up, getting involved with a wider range of hands. Maybe I'm loosening up too much and need to define a range of hands from particular positions better.

I will take your advice and start posting hand histories when I'm down to 4-6 players.

therock
01-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Someone please tell me how the "quote" works. Anyway, in response to:

"I'm not blinded out 4-6 handed, that's when i usually start loosening up, getting involved with a wider range of hands. Maybe I'm loosening up too much and need to define a range of hands from particular positions better."

I'm surprised becasue my first guess was that you were getting blinded out by being too conservative. I think your problem is you are "getting involved in a wider range of hands", probably calling too much pre-flop. Try pushing more pre-flop and only re-raise with premium hands. When blinds hit $100-200, calling pre-flop is usually a mistake.

El Maximo
01-25-2005, 02:48 PM
I retract my first statement. Its just idiocy for me to think I can define the leaks in your game from stats on 100 sngs. Start posting complete HHs. This would allow the veterans to quickly narrow down any leaks.