PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker vs. Excell

Buckmulligan
01-25-2005, 11:32 AM
I have been using Excell to track my play, but I haven't played enough hands for it to be of any worth to calculate my EV. Does anyone else use Excell and find it effective enough? If so, what are some of the features on Excell that are useful?
Should I keep this up or is it worth buying Poker tracker? Could someone tell me some of the benefits of poker tracker that I can't get from excell, and make the $55 worth it?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Just get it and you will see. I promise you the $55 is way worth it. PT is a bargain at twice the price. You can download it and demo it for free for the first 1000 hands. Try it out.

fnord_too
01-25-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could someone tell me some of the benefits of poker tracker that I can't get from excell

[/ QUOTE ]

Effectively tracking your opponents
Data Mining (part of the above, but worth its own line item)
Saving time (You could track everything PT does in Excel, but building the macros to import all the data to track all the things PT does, or even the subset you find important, would take a very long time, and a lot of effort.)

Unless $55 is a significant portion of your bankroll, PT is a very usueful tool. (I also use Exel pretty extensively, but for different things.)

midnight24
01-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I have pokertracker and still keep extensive records in an excel spreadsheet. Pokertracker is priceless in terms of recording opponents stats but there there are a few stats that is doesn't record that i use for excel, such as your winrate when multitabling.

In Excel, i record the following stats for each session (date, site, game, blinds, # of tables, players, hours, profit, hands played, etc.) The Data/Filter/AutoFilter function is great and is very simple to determine, for example, what your winrate is while 3 tabling $1-2 10 player ring games on Party. But, pokertracker is definetely worth the $55 i have found. good luck

PhatPots
01-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Pokertracker is by far better. You get stats, but you also get stats of your hands. How many times you lost money with AA, with 66, etc. You also get to see stats on other players. There is a wealth of knowledge. I can't see how you cannot get it. But everyone has their own preferences. I don't want to be arrogant.

Cheers,
Pots