PDA

View Full Version : Local B&M - Final Table, how would you play it?

murfnyc
01-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Local tourney -
33 players - 9 left

ave stack ~7,000
BB (villian) ~17,000 (chipleader)
Murfnyc 6,600
Blinds 300-600 antes 100

Murfnyc dealt KsKd in MP, 4 folds, murfnyc raises to 1500, CU goes all-in for 1550, 2 folds, BB calls, murfnyc calls...Pot 5,850 (3 players)

FLOP Kc 3d 7c

BB checks, Murfnyc checks

TURN 4h

BB bets 5000, Murfnyc calls all-in

Comments??

srw5n
01-25-2005, 10:43 AM
So what's the question. Seems pretty straight forward. I understand your line of play.

You had 3 choices none of which would be considered wrong in my opinion:
1. All in on the flop and get the BB out (not my personal choice)
2. Check the flop to get more money in the Pot from the BB.
3. Underbet or make a small bet at the pot to extract money from the BB.

murfnyc
01-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Sorry, here's the question....

If I believe I am one of the best players...should I just try and pick up the pot when I have the best hand, rather than give a weaker hand a chance to draw out on me.

In this case, after the flop, should I have gone all-in to pick up a decent size pot, giving me ~11,000 in chips and putting myslef in good position to finish high in the money.

murfnyc
01-25-2005, 11:09 AM
BB flips over 5c6c for the straight and improves to the flush on the river.

I am trying not to be results oriented, but I can't help but think that in this particular tournament, where the competition was extremely weak (over a 2 hour period in the tourney, there was only one other pre-flop raise other than myself and he had AA) that the proper play was to chase the BB out on the flop and take a nice pot. Then with an above average stack I would have been able to outplay the rest of the table for a high finish.

Opinions?

MikeyEdge
01-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I think you played it ok. The only thing that you could have changed was put in a bigger raise pre-flop. Then maybe the BB folds.

murfnyc
01-25-2005, 11:24 AM
I thought about that also. But, I don't think I want the BB to fold preflop. I think he is the one person I want to call, as his call will most likely be the loosest due to his stack size.

Hybrid_11
01-25-2005, 11:38 AM
I really think this is a push preflop. Theres already about 4000 in the pot when its on you to act. You should have around 5000. I push the rest of my stack to single out the other guy all in. If the other guy is as lose as you say ehes calling you with a lot anyway.

etgryphon
01-25-2005, 11:54 AM
If it was a rainbow flop, I think your line is correct.

I would have raised at least half the pot to 3000 to give the false hope that you would fold. You don't have enough chips to get fancy. Your line wasn't bad it was just unfortunate. I hate giving draws free cards. With the turn card I'm pushing allin. If he had called, your bet i'm losing money oh well...

-Gryph

murfnyc
01-25-2005, 11:57 AM
The all-in guy called my PF raise, so I couldn't isolate him. Maybe a push pre-flop is right, when the BB is the chipleader and you only have about 11 BBs. I was just trying to extract the most money possible and got caught doing so.

murfnyc
01-25-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it was a rainbow flop, I think your line is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

In retrospect, I agree with you. This is where I think I made my mistake.

Also, he acted first on the turn and put me all-in. If he checks, I would have pushed all-in being that the board was now very draw heavy.

DeeJ
01-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Same thing happened to me late in a tourney. Flopped top pair, some guy flat calls. Turn is inoffensive, checked through. I bet at the river to try to suck more chips, get called by a monster who got gutshot lucky at the turn and I'm crippled. That's poker.

The chances of you losing here are miniscule. Don't sweat it. KK v 56 has KK at 80%. Even with the flop he has 4 outs from 47 cards, you are good 90% of the time. Sometimes you will suck out on the river with board pair!