PDA

View Full Version : Flopped the nut low O8

2the9s
01-25-2005, 06:58 AM
5/10 O8 Online

Folded to a tight/aggressive, yet straightforward, player in MP who calls, button calls, I check in BB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players, 3 sb)

I check, MP checks, button bets, I call, MP calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, MP calls, button calls

River: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet...

Comments?

gorgeous
01-25-2005, 07:17 AM
I don't get why you didn't bet the flop and then bet the turn. You want to drive out the flush draws and the limpers who didn't catch. If you're going to end up calling, you should lead out and see where you are. In most cases in 5/10 you'll take it down right there, a raise means you might be up against A23x suited or something of the like. And if you are, it's -EV to bet the turn since you're gonna end up getting 3/4'ed

nuclear500
01-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Bet it. If they put you on A2 fine. If they put you on top set or the flopped nut high and chase down A3 for the you're happy.

I would have tried to check raise the turn because it seem they are willing to put money in the pot first if checked to.

You only lose the low if a Deuce comes, if another A2 is out he's playing oddly as well by merely calling the action on the turn.

Moneyline
01-25-2005, 04:33 PM
I like how you played this hand. I believe there is an example similar to this in HLSPFAP.

Pre-flop: I like the call. With more players I would raise, but against tight players in a shorthanded pot I think the call is better because opponents won't be able to put you on your hand and are more likely to call on later streets when you have the nut-low and they don't.

Flop: I like the check/call here. If after you check there is a bet and a raise you can throw away your quartered nut low. Also, if the tight, predictable player does not bet you know you aren't getting quartered (at least by him). With this flop, it is unlikely to be checked around, so you don't have to worry as much about missing bets.

Turn: I like betting. If the button has a big straight he will raise, causing the tight player to put in extra bets. I don't think a check is the right play because you lose money if it gets checked around.

River: Again I like the bet. I suspect you won half the pot. The other two probably either had straights, were drawing to straights, or drawing to flushes.

gergery
01-25-2005, 04:33 PM
I think a bet is best on the flop.

Best case they all fold which is very good. Most likely they stay and you win alittle for low. Worst of the likely cases is you split for low and get quartered which only costs you alittle.

mosquito
01-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Tight players play two way hands. I don't want to
be 1/4erd here, and I have no high at all. The
turn bet, call, call tells me there is another low
out there. I check/call the river.

2the9s
01-25-2005, 07:28 PM
After I bet the river MP folded and the button called. The button took the high with 23xx for the low end of the straight. I did not get quartered.