PDA

View Full Version : Crest Whitestrips

Tron
01-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Are these things worth it? Do they really make a noticeable difference? Also, I chipped off over half a tooth a few years back, am I going to look like a ridiculous idiot with a half-white half-discolored tooth?

Reef
01-25-2005, 04:49 AM
they work. they're worth it

stantheman
01-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Whitestrips work like a charm. They feel icky and taste like **** but they work.

theantelope
01-25-2005, 10:50 AM
They work & they're worth it.

Wayfare
01-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Just fyi, there are three different strengths of whitestrips. You can get like 3% (hydrogen peroxide) at the pharmacy, these suck ass. You can get like 10% as "crest professional", or 14.5% as "crest supreme"

If you're going to have these damn things in your mouth, might as well have it count. However, just consider yourself forewarned that these will hurt your teeth if they are at all sensitive. I have to do like two days on one day off.

However, the teeth are whiter.

Ponks
01-25-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just fyi, there are three different strengths of whitestrips. You can get like 3% (hydrogen peroxide) at the pharmacy, these suck ass. You can get like 10% as "crest professional", or 14.5% as "crest supreme"

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you need a prescription to get the other two or how do you go about getting these? Also how much do they cost?

Ponks

Freakin
01-25-2005, 01:06 PM
I think it's like $25 for a week or two OTC.

Freakin

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you need a prescription to get the other two or how do you go about getting these? Also how much do they cost?

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon.

Ponks
01-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Cool, thanks guys, I might have to check those out now that I've quite smoking.

Ponks

Freakin
01-25-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool, thanks guys, I might have to check those out now that I've quite smoking.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on quitting!

Freakin

ilya
01-25-2005, 03:15 PM
They're annoying as hell to use, but they work. I think $60 for a month's supply at the dentist's.

Tron
01-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Too late man, I already bought the pharmacy version. Oh well, these make my gums real, real sensitive so I probably couldn't handle the other ones anyway.

But does anyone have any experience with using these on fake teeth? Half of my top front tooth is fake, so am I going to look like a big nerd with a tooth that's two different colors, 'cause it says on the box that it doesn't work on dental work? Oh well, I'll probably need a new cap soon enough.

Wayfare
01-25-2005, 03:23 PM
No perscription. I originally got the 3% ones from dwayne reed, they cost $25 for a two week supply. The 14% ones I got from this link:

http://www.dentist.net/crestwhitestripssupreme.asp

I got great service and fast delivery. I'm not an affiliate or making any money off this, I just thought I would share since I was asked. They were ~$45 for three weeks. I returned the dwayne reed ones.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Amazon has them.

Ponks
01-25-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too late man, I already bought the pharmacy version. Oh well, these make my gums real, real sensitive so I probably couldn't handle the other ones anyway.

But does anyone have any experience with using these on fake teeth? Half of my top front tooth is fake, so am I going to look like a big nerd with a tooth that's two different colors, 'cause it says on the box that it doesn't work on dental work? Oh well, I'll probably need a new cap soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the same problem as well. I've got a cap over my front right tooth. I'm pretty sure the stripes dont work on them, but my cap is a little lighter anyways, so maybe I'll try the 3% ones. Thanks for the info all.

Ponks