PDA

View Full Version : Kid tested, pro poker players approved?

Garland
01-25-2005, 04:10 AM
Do you like this line with no read? Tonight the tables I've been playing have been pretty darn aggressive so bets and raises are the norm rather than check and call.

As I mentioned, I have no read on the MP3, the short stacked dude.

All comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Garland

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($165)
SB ($98)
BB ($235.30)
UTG ($137.55)
UTG+1 ($15.85)
MP1 ($59.25)
Garland ($217.90)
MP3 ($98.60)
CO ($158)

Preflop: Garland is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Garland calls $2, MP3 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($9) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Garland bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $27</font>, Button folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Garland raises to $106...</font>

BobboFitos
01-25-2005, 04:22 AM
I like it. You either have the best hand or the best draw. Possibly both. If you call you wont really know how to act on the turn. I dont know if he folds TPTK here, but even if he folds something like KJ it's brilliant.

He could have a wide range of hands regarding his flop raise, but a draw seems less likely. Overpair seems small % given he didn't raise pf. If he calls my money is on AJ, if he has a set he played it right.

Another alternative, (keeping in mind, Garland, I like your line; I hope it worked out) if MP3 is the type who habitually bluffs on the button when checked to, I love c/r with this type of hand. You get to trap dead blind money in, (if they have something like JT or J9 in the blind maybe they planned to check/call button) and then win the pot. Also, there aren't many cards which hurt your hand too much, so if it's checked through it's not the end of the world.

DBowling
01-25-2005, 04:23 AM
im not sure how i like it. on the one hand, almost anything youre called by, youre behind (except another flush draw).

on the other hand, without a read, i dont think you can lay it down. if he doesnt have a jack, and the turn is a jack, its going to kill your action. If a spade hits, it will kill your action. If youre behind and you dont hit one of your outs, your equity goes way down on the turn. Your all in, if called, will give you about 2:1. OK, so after doing the math, easy push.

warlockjd
01-25-2005, 06:06 AM
i think this is pretty standard

got to be pretty sure villain doesnt have set tho

ohkanada
01-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Looks reasonable to me. I would have a problem calling your re-raise with only 1 pair, so unless he has a set it should be a tough call. Of course his short stack might allow him to call AJ and maybe even KJ.

Ken

Garland
01-25-2005, 10:07 PM
My thoughts:

Due to the aggressive nature of the game, I put my opponent most likely on a wide range of J hands including J9, JT, JQ, JK and JA. He may also have a set, and two pair is unlikely unless he has 54 specificially. I believe even with his stack I could make KJ definitely fold and even as high as AJ lay down. But even if he calls with a better hand, I have backup outs including spades, and 3 Qs if he doesn't have a set.

As it turns out, my opponent folded, so I didn't have to sweat it out /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Thanks for your comments.

Garland