PDA

View Full Version : how many two plus twoers would you find sitting at your table?

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
01-25-2005, 03:24 AM
are more two plus twoers sitting at the small stakes tables poker tracking your ass? Seems there are more fish at the low limit tables in the brick and mortar games vs. the online games. Online ring games seem to be getting tougher. Less people who will call with 96offsuit UTG on a flop of J103 and hitting running 96. Just seems the tables are getting tougher and the competition online are for the more serious poker players. I don't see fish relentlessly reloading into their account, but at the brick and mortar games they have no idea how much they've been up or down in the long run.

arkady
01-25-2005, 03:38 AM
Table selection is becoming an increasingly important skill to have. I'll give you a few tips.

1) Be careful early in the week, most tables are ultra tight
1a) Explore the BBJ tables when JP > 100k during those days

2) Get PlayerView, this will quickly give you an indication of where the donators are...if there are none, just leave.

Using that I have been able to steer away from tables full of multi-tabling tags. Not suggesting that they are not beatable, but like you pointed out its easier when the villains are 100% clueless.

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
01-25-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Table selection is becoming an increasingly important skill to have. I'll give you a few tips.

1) Be careful early in the week, most tables are ultra tight
1a) Explore the BBJ tables when JP > 100k during those days

2) Get PlayerView, this will quickly give you an indication of where the donators are...if there are none, just leave.

Using that I have been able to steer away from tables full of multi-tabling tags. Not suggesting that they are not beatable, but like you pointed out its easier when the villains are 100% clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice. How does player view help? Better than pokertracker? I don't own pokertrack either and I know it is very essential for serious online players.

nothumb
01-25-2005, 03:58 AM
You need Pokertracker to run Playerview (or GameTime Plus, which is a similar program that I use.) Pokertracker is WELL worth the money, and the others are free.

GT+ displays a player's basic stats right under their name in the game window, as a translucent overlay to each table you play at. I assume playerview is similar. You can look around the table, and if you don't see a few VPIP's over 40%, you get up and leave.

This has been the single greatest use of GT+ for me so far, abandoning bad tables.

NT

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
01-25-2005, 02:42 PM
what's VPIP stand for? i see it all the time.

Munga30
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
It's a PokerTracker stat. VP$IP = Voluntarily put $ into pot. Measures preflop tight/loose, similar to flops seen %, but does not include free plays.