PDA

View Full Version : SR or SPR

Silverdart
01-25-2005, 02:55 AM
A reason some of us are very poor poker players stems from the fact that we have very weak R’s. The reason we have weak R’s is we have weak P’s. This is because we have not taken the time for a good P.

One of the many things that sets mankind apart from most animals is that we are capable of S P R were as animals are only capable of S R. Let me give you an example. You push back on your chair, to get up after reading this article, and in doing so your chair’s wheel goes over your girlfriends cats tail and her cat instantly start crying like a baby. The wheel going over the tail is the S (stimulant) ,the cry is the R (response). A few days later you are walking along the street and your girlfriend up and slugs you. “What was that for?”, you ask. “For running over my cats tail the other night”, she replies. The S (stimulant) is you running over her cats tail, she P’d (paused) came up with a plan to create a R (response).

We as humans have a large capacity for many P’s. You take a look at your hold cards, A A. Now if you were like the cat and only capable of S R stimulant response poker would not be much of a game, everyone would know that you have aces and would fold. Fortunately you can P (pause) before you R. What I am suggesting is that “before” we sit down at the poker table we can have a wide variety of good P’s preplanned so when we have received the S we can have the correct R. The above example is very basic and I am sure most of us have mastered the correct R by having a preplanned P to the S of pocket aces.

But how many of us a have a preplanned P that gives us the desired R when S’d by a “slow player”, “a loud mouth”, “a bad beat” or any other of the many S’s that can take place during a poker game.

Will you ever have a preplanned P, that leads to the correct R every time, for every S we receive at the table? No, but I believe if next time you receive an S and have a inappropriate R if you will then and there take the time to preplan an appropriate P for the next time you face a similar S you will become more successful in poker and life.

Over the next week I challenge you to analyze your R’s and if they are not giving you the results you want in poker an life that you take the time to reflex and develop a new P instead of focusing on the S. Reevaluate your R and if it is still not what you want tweak your P until you get the R you want.

May you always be learning in poker and life.

Dart L Wooden

http://www.pokerandlife.com

eastbay
01-25-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

We as humans have a large capacity for many P’s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. I P on this post, err, spam.

eastbay

QuickLearner
01-25-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Over the next week I challenge you to analyze your R’s and if they are not giving you the results you want in poker an life that you take the time to reflex and develop a new P instead of focusing on the S. Reevaluate your R and if it is still not what you want tweak your P until you get the R you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was younger I used to tweak my P often. Now I just consider it a waste of my precious bodily fluids. Now, when is my grain alcohol and spring water. Will you join me captain?

Silverdart
01-28-2005, 02:33 AM
I think you missed the point of the article but as long as it put a smile on your face.