PDA

View Full Version : Truepoker--Promotions?

05-08-2002, 12:30 PM
I have played at true poker for the last 3 months or so and have seen really no promotions on their part. The only promos they have are those free rolls which are impossible to win because their are so many players.

Here is the message that has been on the truepoker site for the past 2 months.

PROMOTIONS

Welcome to True Poker, the most true-to-life poker on the Internet.

**We are currently working on our next promotion and we encourage you to stay tuned for more information. **

Lol How long does it take for you guys to come up with a good promotion to attract players. Just seems like one has many poker choices and with a site such as true not really offering anything in the way of promos would make one play else where to test their poker skills.

You guys should have a deposit bonus or something--I mean anything please---All the other sites have deposit and other promos now its your turn.

"the quad floppa"

05-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Dear Quad Floppa:

Promotional Tournaments:

Truepoker does run two $500.00 freerolls, every Tuesday and Thursday. One is for Holdem players and one is for Omaha players. Either cash or Truepoker Gear (by Roots) is given to 20 players. The tournaments are very popular and players win every tournament. As you put it, it is a good place to "test your poker skills".

Deposit Promotions:

Truepoker has been running a continual deposit promotion for 8 months for anyone who buys in with VISA or Mastercard. For example, if you charge $100 for chips on your credit card, Truepoker issues $100 in chips, not $94.75 like some other sites. Truepoker abosorbs a 5% credit card fee up front. That is 5% in chips for every credit purchase every day, not just a "one day" bonus.

Alternatively, Truepoker offers a 10% promotional bonus for deposits by cashiers check or bank draft, subject to dollar limits. (Future deposit promotions, which may replace these buy-in promotions, are planned.)

New Player Promotions:

Truepoker also aims buy-in promotions specifically toward getting new real money players to try internet poker. Since March, Truepoker has been running a "buymychips" promotion for Truepoker players who already had play money experience, but had not tried real money games. This promotion runs through mid-September for those players.

Similarly, Truepoker in May began promoting a contest and hosting a new site in conjunction with MaximOnline designed to eventually attract players new to internet poker to our real money game site.

Truepoker is planning additional promotions to add to the value of your poker experience at our site. As always, we are open to getting feedback from 2+2 readers. Write us at Management@Truepoker.com.

Thanks for asking.

Truepoker Management

05-09-2002, 09:00 PM
"Similarly, Truepoker in May began promoting a contest and hosting a new site in conjunction with MaximOnline designed to eventually attract players new to internet poker to our real money game site."

I have written before, and stressed this conversations with cardroom management, both online and B&M, that the most important thing that they can do is to have good games.

Creating new players, as opposed to attracting already existing players, is one of the most important ingredients in acheving good games. It looks to me that TP is taking the right steps in this area, and I hope Dave G keeps us informed with their progress.