PDA

View Full Version : KK - bleh

cold_cash
01-25-2005, 02:51 AM
BB was a LAG, especially pre-flop, and kind of a tricky dickster after the flop. He's what I call a "bonehead".

MP3 guy was loose and very passive, pre and post-flop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

I seem to be really struggling with my game right now for some reason. I'm on sort of a long plateau money-wise, and everytime I sit down lately it feels like I'm not playing well.

I thought maybe posting a couple hands might help, so there you have it.

ftball0000
01-25-2005, 02:59 AM
Looks like just some bad luck man, I would probably play it the same.... possibly calling the river raise if I'm really frustrated, but a check raise by a passive sure looks like a straight or 2-pair to me

-Ftball

jonahmavesin
01-25-2005, 03:08 AM
What's the rationale for betting the river?

I have to say, the biggest thing I see advocated around here that I just do not understand, intuitively, is the "I have a medium hand against some mystery calling hands; I will bet the river and fold to a raise." I would much rather check this moderate holding to the scare card on the river, and save my bet to call down a possible bluff by MP3.

I mean, not much of a value bet here - who's calling you that you beat? All you do is open yourself up to a raise that you don't want to call.

cold_cash
01-25-2005, 03:13 AM
If MP3 had folded rather than raised the river, there are about 500 worse hands the BB is capable of calling with.

Also, the likelihood of MP3 bluffing in this spot, either as a raise or a bet, is pretty much nil.