PDA

View Full Version : im 18 and a loser

xbigslickk3x
01-25-2005, 01:23 AM
ok so as the topic says im 18 and never had a girlfriend. im not really shy its just that ive never put myself out there to be turned down. ive never really had the chance and as ill state later i think this may be the right chance. also im not like the glasses/braces/pimples kind of loser either. (i think) i have a good personality and dress/look pretty good. most of the people that i know as acquaintances and work with probably wouldnt think ive never had a gf unless ive told them.

ok so on to the problem...

i deliver for a restaurant and thats where i met this girl. i actually looked forward to working the one day a week she worked and we got along pretty well. shes a real cool girl. shes pretty but not hot and prob not the most popular girl. i dno she just feels right for me and its possible i guess she likes me. i guess i like her, but wouldnt know never really felt that for a girl. only got to work with her like 5 or 6 times i guess. one week she said to me that her dad said i look like a nice boy and another week i told her i had a test the next day and she asked me how my test went and [censored] i dno. i could def see a future with this girl though and all of a sudden they fired her for no reason. only because they were cutting back and fired like 5-10 people. i never really felt rushed to get her number or something or do something after work because i didnt expect her to get fired but she did. so now all i know is where she goes to school, her 1st name(dno last name), 1 of the 2 cars her parents have, and like a 2 mile radius of where she lives. i really feel like this would be the best time for me to get a gf if i could only contact her.

i doubt the store i work for knows her last name and prob threw out her number already, but that wouldnt help me anyway because i REALLY dont want them to know or any1 else. i dno i guess im a little strange and would prefer to handle this without every1 knowing. dont want the store to know or any of my few friends. if i asked them for help it would prob be easier though but i really dont want that to be an option.

most people ive talked to have said that it would just be wasting my time, but this feels like a perfect opportunity for me. she may like me/i think i like her and she seems like the right kind of shy/loserish/pretty girl that i dont actually mind talking to i dno. also i have nothing else to do so might as well. would hate to let it get away without even trying or even getting turned down.

so ive thought of driving around at 3amish looking for 1 of her cars... she has a maxima though so its pretty common and ill prob come across like 10 of that color/model. also it could be in the garage or something. another thing i thought of was trying to find out a screen name of sum1 who goes to her school and then i would ask that person if they knew her and if they didnt would ask for other people on their list that go to the school and ask them etc etc... i have no prob talking to strangers like that but really dont wanna talk to anyone that i actually know. so i dno how i would go about getting a screen name from her school. i figure all i gotta do is get 1 screen name from the entire school and ill eventually find sum1 that knows her. any ideas?

it was hard for me to write this and i am a poker player on this site but didnt wanna be known as the 18yo loser so i wanted to post this under another name. so yea i dno any ideas? it would be cool to finally have a gf. thx for reading and thx for the help i know it was really long. also i dont really want advice that will only be about meeting another girl and not this girl if possible plz. thx in advance!!

Victor
01-25-2005, 01:27 AM
sweet...i can be the first one. maybe you should go here qlc....bitches!!!! (http://www.quaterlifecrisis.com)

but seriously i only read your first paragraph but this sticks out [ QUOTE ]
ok so as the topic says im 18 and never had a girlfriend. im not really shy its just that ive never put myself out there to be turned down.

[/ QUOTE ]

so maybe u should change this.....

Edge34
01-25-2005, 01:30 AM
Hey man,

1) I wouldn't worry too much about us knowing your SN if you're already on here. Chances are MOST of us are pretty cool with it, and if someone's not, who gives a flying [censored]? Really.

2) Do NOT drive around looking for her car - that's like freakin' stalking man and it'd be tough to think up a smooth response to how you found her, and lying is never a good idea. Talk to your boss or some other coworkers, ask them her last name, and though they probably couldn't give you her phone number, they've probbaly still got it. Worth a shot, ya know.

Part of doing this is going to be talking to people you know and explaining it to them. The greatest hindrance to success is fear of failure/rejection. Trust me man, if you talk to your friends, they are NOT gonna give you [censored] or whatever about this.

You don't wanna feel like you missed your chance by being too afraid to talk to anybody real, so get out there and give it a shot. You have nothing to lose.

As gonores would put it, this is totally +PV.

GOOD LUCK!

-Edge

EDIT TO ADD: Once you do get a hold of her, just tell her you enjoyed getting to hang out with her and talkin' to her, ask her if she wants to go get a cup of coffee or something. If so, you're golden, if not, that's the breaks. There'll always be another one, but you gotta try. Git-R-Done!

Oski
01-25-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so ive thought of driving around at 3amish looking for 1 of her cars...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do that.

By the way, employers don't throw away people's names and numbers ... something about records and taxes.

MelchyBeau
01-25-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds a bit stalkerish to me.

Melch

EliteNinja
01-25-2005, 01:38 AM
You spelled the website wrong.

It should bet www.quarterlifecrisis.com (http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com)

not www.quaterlifecrisis.com (http://www.quaterlifecrisis.com)

xbigslickk3x
01-25-2005, 01:39 AM
ive been working there for 3 months and they dont know my last name. they keep the employees numbers on the wall in case they need to call em in to work. its off the books so i really dont think they even have her number anymore and dont know her last name.

pshreck
01-25-2005, 01:40 AM
So you signed up for 2+2 forums, and this is the first thing you post?

You must have already had another name on these forums??

Edge34
01-25-2005, 01:41 AM
They will have her last name, or at least someone there will know her well enough to tell you what it is.

Stop trying to find excuses not to and think about the best reason to - you don't want any "what if"s hanging over you.

ilovemyZ
01-25-2005, 01:42 AM
Alright... suck it up and make up an excuse to your boss to get her number. Something along the lines of "I let her borrow one of my favorite CDs and I need it back." Call her up, tell her how much it sucks that they fired her, and ask her if she wants to hang out (grab something to eat, grab coffee, get a motel, etc.) sometime. If she's a decent person like you said, she'd probably be willing to if she gave you back the same signals. Many girls would be willing to give a guy a chance if he jumped through a couple hoops to see her again.

If you do nothing, you have no chance to get the girl. If you find her, you have a chance with her. To be a poker dork, I think this plan is definitely +EV.

One last thing, make sure you draw on the pimptastic powers of sup bro before you call her up. This adds extra outs to your draw.

Good luck.

theBruiser500
01-25-2005, 01:43 AM
"Do NOT drive around looking for her car - that's like freakin' stalking man and it'd be tough to think up a smooth response to how you found her, and lying is never a good idea."

Not really, he could just tell her the truth when she asked too, it's flattering.

theBruiser500
01-25-2005, 01:44 AM
xbigslick, interesting post. I think the situation is clear cut though, you know what you want so do what you have to do.

Popinjay
01-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Flattering to some, disturbing to most

EliteNinja
01-25-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One last thing, make sure you draw on the pimptastic powers of sup bro before you call her up. This adds extra outs to your draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pimptacular post.

nolanfan34
01-25-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flattering to some, disturbing to most

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, she might take the 1:00 am car thing the wrong way, but you get what he's going for. He's an 18 year old guy who is nervous about asking a girl out and isn't sure how to find her. That probably sums up 90% of this forum when they were that age, despite the big talk that occurs here.

To the OP, my advice is to seek her out. Trust your instincts, if you think she was interested, you're probably right. I always needed someone to bash me over the head to point out that someone was interested in me when I was that age. Sometimes I found out later how easy it could have been to ask a girl out that was interested, except I waited too long and it was too late.

Gl man.

nothumb
01-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Did you get one of those cheap computers that comes without a shift or enter key?

Seriously, I can't even read your post. It's painful. But judging from the first few sentences, you're going to fall madly in love with the first girl who jumps on your knob at a frat party and end up married to some cow who will suck your soul dry.

Good luck,
NT

ilya
01-25-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's an 18 year old guy who is nervous about asking a girl out and isn't sure how to find her. That probably sums up 90% of this forum when they were that age, despite the big talk that occurs here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say "judging by," not "despite."

eric5148
01-25-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But judging from the first few sentences, you're going to fall madly in love with the first girl who jumps on your knob at a frat party and end up married to some cow who will suck your soul dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds about right.

xbigslickk3x
01-25-2005, 02:06 AM
if i found where she lived i was prob going to ''bump'' into her when she was walking from the bus to her house i guess. not sure if i would have the balls to just ring her bell and ask her out right there lol.

anyway cant do anything now with all the snow but when it clears i was going to do it i guess. i really didnt think of it as stalking lol

i dno any1 else think of any better ways to contact her?

again i really doubt work has her info and i wouldnt be able to work there if i asked them for it. its not really a strict boss : worker thing its more like a family or something. i dno i really dont talk to many people at work and hate them enough as it is dont need to give them more ammo

Sincere
01-25-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
again i really doubt work has her info and i wouldnt be able to work there if i asked them for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your work has to still have her info. Just ask. Stop being a puss and go for it. Like the other poster said. At that age I remember how easy it couldve been to get a girl to go out w/ me. Most of em will say yes.

Edge34
01-25-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just ask. Stop being a puss and go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words ne'er were spoken....or typed, i guess...

Slickk or whoever you are, think about this...what could you possibly have to lose by asking someone at your work for her last name. Make up a reason if you don't want them knowing, but damn, you're 18. Plus, if you don't like like a block away from her anyways, "bumping into her" isn't gonna be a very realistic thing, unless there's a lot of stores or something nearby. And still, that'd take a lot of planning and give you too many chances to wimp out.

Sorry to be harsh, but...

Stop making excuses for why you don't want to talk to people at work. I understand you may not be the most sociable person in the world, hell, I used to be the same way. I liked having my stuff kinda private too, but this can't possibly be private, if you really want it that bad.

If you decide its not worth asking people at work, just forget it all, as you clearly don't find it important enough to put a little extra in, and that's not a good sign.

Again, sorry for being harsh or whatnot, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

PoBoy321
01-25-2005, 02:35 AM
From the original post
[ QUOTE ]
shes pretty but not hot and prob not the most popular girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this information, it seems considerably more likely that she'd fall into the "flattered" category.

Reef
01-25-2005, 02:44 AM
go to amazon.com

buy "nice guys and players"

order it VERY fast shipping

read it IMMEDIATELY

PoBoy321
01-25-2005, 02:48 AM
To quote the most quotable Ferris Bueller

[ QUOTE ]
Cameron has never been in love - at least, nobody's ever been in love with him. If things don't change for him, he's gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she's gonna treat him like [censored], because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him, 'cause you can't respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

In response to the original OP, I don't mean to be harsh, but grow a sack. You're either going to meet this girl and start going out with her or you're not. If you don't get the balls to look her up and ask her out, move on. I was in almost your exact same situation with a girl when I was a senior in high school? Wanna know how I dealt with it?

I didn't. I met a slut, she slobbed my knob and I forgot about the first girl 'cause I thought "[censored], this isn't so hard. I'll meet other girls I wanna date, but until then, I'll meet girls I can hook up with." All you need is that initial boost of confidence, and you're golden. It's getting that boost that's the hard part. I think that your best boost would be to find this girl, just ask her out and either realize a) girls will go out with you if you ask them or b) if you do get rejected, it's really not that bad.

augie00
01-25-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given this information, it seems considerably more likely that she'd fall into the "flattered" category.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, she probably bitches to her girl friends about how no guys ever tell her how beautiful she is.

To the OP (personal story):

I used to be scared too. Then, one night when I was drunk, I found the liquid courage to call the hottest girl in my high school that I was in love with her for the last three years while I was a highschool kid.

Contrary to popular belief, some women do find things like "self confidence, personallity, and sense of humor" attractive. I was surprised to hear that she secretly had a crush on me in high school too, and that if I had asked her out, she would have said yes. And I'm A LOT uglier than all of the boyfriends she's ever had.

Just tell yourself that if you ask her on a date, she's going to say yes. If you believe it, she'll believe it. And besides, if you're a nice, guy most nice girls would have a hard time saying no to a low-pressure social date, no matter how unattractive she might find you. Then you just gotta work from there.

Be flattering. Seriously.

PoBoy321
01-25-2005, 02:51 AM
Is this like Queen Bees and Wannabes? It was basically a sociological study of high school girls, but there were a lot of interesting things about high schoolers in general. I thumbed through a part of that and read a really interesting part that basically said that there are player-types, basically guys who just fool around a lot, and then nice guy-types, who are just that, nice guys who have plenty of girl friends but no girlfriends. It said that inevitably, nice guy-types realize that women are attracted to them and become player-types. Hopefully, I see this in the near future for our OP.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 02:52 AM
my advice
1. Go ask someone at work for her number
2. Call her, if she denies you, oh well, you probably won't see her ever again
3. Just post under your real name, come on man, I am 23 and have a terrible time talking to girls, that ish is normal.

-TSC

Reef
01-25-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this like Queen Bees and Wannabes? It was basically a sociological study of high school girls, but there were a lot of interesting things about high schoolers in general. I thumbed through a part of that and read a really interesting part that basically said that there are player-types, basically guys who just fool around a lot, and then nice guy-types, who are just that, nice guys who have plenty of girl friends but no girlfriends. It said that inevitably, nice guy-types realize that women are attracted to them and become player-types. Hopefully, I see this in the near future for our OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

that Queen bees book is about girls. the one I mentioned is about women. But yes, it has player / nice guy analysis

zephed56
01-25-2005, 03:22 AM
I'd ask the restaurant for her number. Ask someone who you are chummy with though, some hardass boss probably won't give it to you.

Tell her how you got it.

And don't stalk her.

Post results.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Post results.

[/ QUOTE ] definitely. This now in my favorites, and I will bump this a week from now, you better have some damn results!!!!!!

PoBoy321
01-25-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell her how you got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best advice yet. Just calling out of the blue and asking her out could seem a little odd/stalkerish. Calling and saying you meant to ask her out while you were working together so you asked the boss for her number shows interest, persistence and seems sweet. Definitely the right move.

wacki
01-25-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you get one of those cheap computers that comes without a shift or enter key?

Seriously, I can't even read your post. It's painful. But judging from the first few sentences, you're going to fall madly in love with the first girl who jumps on your knob at a frat party and end up married to some cow who will suck your soul dry.

Good luck,
NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn NT, that was short, concise, and very insightful. Your street smarts aren't bad for liberal panty waste. Where did you get edumacated?

Sincerely,
A tree hugging hippy.

Oh and kid, you got lots to learn. Don't be a desperate whiney little bitch or you will end up like what NoThumb said. I've seen it a million times.

There are things called yearbooks and school directories btw. It's really not that hard. If she likes you just tell her you remembered her name, met someone from her school who had a directory and decided to give her a call. Girls like confidence. I did that with a woman once and she was a bit shocked I called (it was a week after we met at a party). She asked me how I got her number and I told her the truth. I invited her to a party and luckily for me showed up. She was an amazing woman, absolutely nuts, but amazing.

nothumb
01-25-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your street smarts aren't bad for liberal panty waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean I waste panties? How does one even do that? Yes, sometimes I just let my cock chew its way through rather than take 'em off, but I only do this with the old ones that are ready to be thrown out.

You know how I feel about the word liberal, you bark-eating granola dick.

NT

mmbt0ne
01-25-2005, 03:42 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive this is the book Mean Girls was loosely based around.

As for the OP, dude, I am the biggest fuc[/b]king pussy in the whole world. Seriously, I didn't have a girlfriend until after prom my senior year, and I hadn't really kissed a girl until around that time too. Hell, I still feel the same things a lot of the time now when I'm interested in a girl.

The only thing I can really say is that it is SOOO much better on the other side, that it's worth any pain you might feel if she is a stupid bitch and turns you down. Honestly, when you can be yourself around girls, and let them know how you feel, everything becomes a lot easier, and not just relationship-wise. Confidence is the most important thing I learned my last year or two of high school, and it has helped me so much in everything that I do, I can't quite explain how much better off you'll be after you do this.

Good Luck.

wacki
01-25-2005, 04:03 AM
Does this mean I waste panties? How does one even do that? Yes, sometimes I just let my cock chew its way through rather than take 'em off, but I only do this with the old ones that are ready to be thrown out.

Can't be topped, not going to try.

You know how I feel about the word liberal, you bark-eating granola dick.

Yes, I do. Does this refresh your memory? Been to any National Socialist American Worker's Party meetings lately?

3. MMMMMM because it will convince him that not all leftists are pussies, even though it's true...

Well, atleast we know MMMMMM won't get hurt too bad.

[censored], I can't stop laughing. That was good dude. I have to get up early. See you later NT.

Edge34
01-25-2005, 04:10 AM
OK, that's enough, back to Politics for you two!

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nothumb
01-25-2005, 04:15 AM
That conversation was plenty inane to post here. I only troll in Politics now, they're animals over there.

NT

slickpoppa
01-25-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatever you do, don't do that.

I think your best option is asking your boss for her number. Come up with a good excuse for why they should give you her number. If that doesn't work, at least try to find out her last name so you can look her number up. Once you get her number, call her and start off with something about how it sucks she got fired, yada, yada. Then cut to the chase and ask her out. If she says no, then no biggie, you'll never have to see her again. I'm guessing that there is a 95% chance that she will say yes, unless she has a boyfriend. Believe me, the easiest part is getting the girl to go out with you. She'll probably f*ck with your head and dump you, but worry about first things first.

PoBoy321
01-25-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm almost positive this is the book Mean Girls was loosely based around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 100% positive that this is the book the movie was based on. First of all, it's listed in the credits as being the basis for the movie and the scene where one girl calls another girls house and leaves a fake message about the girl's pregnancy test results is a true story straight out of the book.

OK, now I look like a huge [censored] for remembering scenes from that movie, but whatever. FWIW, I thought it was a really fun film to watch.

mmbt0ne
01-25-2005, 04:24 AM
Dude, I have the movie on my desk. Seriously. You're not the biggest lose here.

ilovemyZ
01-25-2005, 04:30 AM
Nabbing her is as easy as 1-2-3...
1)Like every other poster in this thread has said, grow some balls. Suck it up, drink a beer, take a shot or whatever it is you need to build courage.

2)Ask someone at work for her last name or number. Again... use some excuse like she has something of yours

3)Call her up, be honest, and ask her if she wants to do something... your palms will sweat, your knees will shake and your voice will tremble. She won't care and neither should you.

Then wham-o blam-o, you're very own real life girl. Wash, rinse, and repeat until you get desired results.

Just to be clear... the 3am driving thing is not the right thing to do.

And one more thing, we're counting on you... don't let us down. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jman28
01-25-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that ish is normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just made my day. People always look at me funny when I say 'ish' in conversations. Good to know there are others out there.

-Jman28

dr. klopek
01-25-2005, 06:06 AM
If you don't knock this [censored] off, before you know it, you'll be 22, look like this (http://www.mrpicassohead.com/canvas.html?id=ea36ab7), have a crappy job, and live in a basement...I heard...

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 09:47 AM
You were right the first time. You're a loser.

BK_
01-25-2005, 01:01 PM
asking work for her number is easily the best option. they wont think anything of it (you guys could be friends, you could have somethign to return to her, ect)

bosoxfan
01-25-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you're going to fall madly in love with the first girl who jumps on your knob at a frat party and end up married to some cow who will suck your soul dry

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Ferris. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

B00T
01-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Be sure to jab your forearm in the back of her neck and press her face up againist the headboard. (Preferably one with metal bars and not a solid piece of wood)

Cmon if you are a loser, you must play chess and be thinking 4 steps ahead or some [censored] like that.

eastbay
01-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Many guys 18 never had a real girlfriend. This alone doesn't make you a loser.

Wanting to stalk her neighborhood for her car would make you a loser.

Being too afraid to have anyone know that you might be interested in her is loserish.

Ask for her number at work, a small white lie is ok to get it.

Call her, ask if she wants to hang out sometime. Put the ball in her court and see if she returns serve.

eastbay

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ask for her number at work, a small white lie is ok to get it. Call her, ask if she wants to hang out sometime. Put the ball in her court and see if she returns serve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try not to mention your weekly Dungeons &amp; dragins game.

Sponger15SB
01-25-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok so as the topic says im 18 and never had a girlfriend. im not really shy its just that ive never put myself out there to be turned down.

also i dont really want advice that will only be about meeting another girl and not this girl if possible plz. thx in advance!!

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon NLSoldier nobody is buying this fake name, we all know it is you.

theBruiser500
01-25-2005, 03:14 PM
I really don't understand how driving around trying to find her car makes him a stalker. All he is doing is trying to find her and this is a way to do it just like asking at work for her phone number.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand how driving around trying to find her car makes him a stalker. All he is doing is trying to find her and this is a way to do it just like asking at work for her phone number.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, but ya gotta assume that anyone that drives around looking for her address at 1 am is going to stalk her once they find her.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yes, this makes sense to us, but to a girl it does not.

theBruiser500
01-25-2005, 03:22 PM
I think you guys instincitively feel you need to lie about this, this is what he should do though. Drive around find her car and then when she asks how he found her he can just say "well this is a little odd, but i liked you when we worked together and was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out but never did. so i needed to drive around town to find your car and you." then the girl responds "you went to all that energy to find me? that's very sweet of you."

Bluffoon
01-25-2005, 03:33 PM
REALLY want to find her?

Go to her school and start asking around for her. You know her first name and a description. You'll find her.

Edge34
01-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Girl thinks to herself, though:

"Jeez, that's creepy. Why didn't he just ask someone at work for my number or something? What kind of guy is this that sits there and looks all over town for a car that he can recognize as mine when it would've taken 30 seconds to grow a sack, talk to someone at work and get the digits. I'll humor him, but this is kinda freaky."

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you guys instincitively feel you need to lie about this, this is what he should do though. Drive around find her car and then when she asks how he found her he can just say "well this is a little odd, but i liked you when we worked together and was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out but never did. so i needed to drive around town to find your car and you." then the girl responds "you went to all that energy to find me? that's very sweet of you."

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea. That's just what she'd say... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

...then she'd call out her big brother the &lt;insert local state university here&gt; linebacker to kick your ass.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yes, this makes sense to us, but to a girl it does not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very astute for someone that doesn't talk to girls. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop watching romantic comedies. any girl in her right mind would be freaked out by a guy who drove around her neighborhood searching for her car.

see also the onion article "Romantic-Comedy Behavior Gets Real-Life Man Arrested."

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Romantic-Comedy Behavior Gets Real-Life Man Arrested."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the unfortunate trusth. What used to be romantic, keeping after her until your persistence wins her heart, is now stalking.

theBruiser500
01-25-2005, 04:14 PM
If the girl gets freaked out that is stupid. If he really was a stalker why would he tell her he found her by stalking her? If a girl found me by doing something like that I would be flattered and I have no reason to think a girl would react differently.

theBruiser500
01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Also, I would like the honesty and think it's kind of humorous, plus the girl would be eccentric which can be good.

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the girl gets freaked out that is stupid. If he really was a stalker why would he tell her he found her by stalking her? If a girl found me by doing something like that I would be flattered and I have no reason to think a girl would react differently.

[/ QUOTE ]you have talked to a girl before right? You do understand they are quite different then men. BTW, if some girl followed me around I woudn't be flattered, I would think she is a pyscho needy bitch.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you have talked to a girl before right? You do understand they are quite different then men. BTW, if some girl followed me around I woudn't be flattered, I would think she is a pyscho needy bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
not that you wouldn't bang her tho right?

ThaSaltCracka
01-25-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Banging a pyscho broad is -EV IMO.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would think she is a pyscho needy bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But their psychonessmakes them great lays.

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not much experience with the fairer sex, eh?

lucas9000
01-25-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffoon
01-25-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would think she is a pyscho needy bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No their psychoness (??) makes them HUGE headaches and a HUGE turnoff. So many hot reasonably well-adjustd chicks. Why mess with the fire?

partygirluk
01-25-2005, 04:44 PM
You seem like a nice guy who is very low on self esteem. Getting a girl friend would help this, and it seems that you like this girl. Ask your employees for her phone number. Either give the real reason, or make an excuse. Call her, and ask her out for a meal. She will be flattered that you went out of your way to contact her. Don't drive around at 3 A.M as that will freak her out.

Best of luck.

ftball0000
01-25-2005, 08:14 PM
First things first, try to relax, it may seem like a big deal now, but later on, you'll think back on this and wonder why you were so nervous.

To get her number, ask your boss or someone at work what her number is. Don't beat around the bush (sorry for the pun) if they ask why, tell them the real reason, you thought she was cute, etc. Guys will respect that you are straight up with them. If anyone gives you crap about it, its b/c they realize that they don't have the balls to do something like that. You are a guy, it expected of you that you are gonna be attracted to chicks, so try not to get all nervous. Try to relax and remember you're the man, if you see a girl you like then talking to her is a good thing.

Please don't be a stalker either.... driving around her neighborhood searching for her is a bad thing

Most of us have been through what you are going through, the more you "practice" with girls the "better" you'll get. And after all practice is fun /images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Ftball

The Yugoslavian
01-25-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
REALLY want to find her?

Go to her school and start asking around for her. You know her first name and a description. You'll find her.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way more impressive than the late at night tracking her car thing and much less stalkerish. This would take the most confidence IMO and prove you have huge non-loser balls. Although, I'd pull her away from her friends (let them watch but not so closely that she'll feel too nervous) by saying something like 'hey {insert name} I heard about what happened at work and I think that is really bogus. There was something I wanted to ask you before but never got the chance. Do you have a minute?' Or something along those lines.

Yugoslav

BusterStacks
01-25-2005, 09:13 PM
this post hurts my brain. Obviously it wouldnt be hard to find her, so just do it and be honest with her when you do. Most girls like a guy with some balls, or at least one who acts like it. I've been feigning confidence with women for years, and can fully attest to it's rewards. It's like my mama told me "You only regret the things you wanted to do but didn't."

On another note, do WHATEVER it takes to get a girfriend immediately! No seriously, I mean today. It becomes so easy to get scores of women after your first (unless you're Piz0wn3red!!!!!), DO NOT WAIT. That first one will give you the confidence to not give a [censored] about women, and that in turn will bring you all the chicks you can handle.

Sooga
01-25-2005, 09:24 PM
You should read this poem that my friend recommended to me.. it really affected me pretty deeply when I read it. Here's a snippet:

"I am no prophet--and here's no great matter;
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid."

Full poem here:

http://www.cs.amherst.edu/~ccm/prufrock.html

Bluffoon
01-25-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"You only regret the things you wanted to do but didn't."[ QUOTE ]

This is a great post buster. I have to take issue with this part of it though. This is NOT true.

There are several things in life I HAVE done that I regret sincerely.

Sorry, in this your momma is wrong.

eggzz
01-25-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
suck it up and make up an excuse to your boss to get her number. Something along the lines of "I let her borrow one of my favorite CDs and I need it back." Call her up, tell her how much it sucks that they fired her, and ask her if she wants to hang out (grab something to eat, grab coffee, get a motel, etc.) sometime

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent excellent advice. Thats a great idea. Should work, you now have a plan.

Good luck. Stop worrying what other people think of you, chances are they aren't spending any time at all worrying, so once you learn that, you will become more self confident. Trust me, its easier than you think.

bcunha
01-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Suck it up and get the number from your work. Stop acting desperate, you've got oneitis, imagining another girl will never come your way if you miss this one. Call her up and do dinner.

wacki
01-25-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, if some girl followed me around I woudn't be flattered, I would think she is a pyscho needy bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding! RUN AWAY!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!

I can't believe I read this whole thread. OOT is getting 2 big for me to handle. Bruiser, you have to learn that if she sees you using other people and your charisma to find her it will impress her. It shows that you have confidence, charisma, resourcefulness, and she will be most likely moved and impressed. If you drive around looking for her place, just think of all the worst case scenerios that she can infer from that. Think imagery!!!

wacki
01-25-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having some crazy woman screaming and crying on your front porch at 5 in the morning for no [censored] reason other than she is in a bad mood is never worth it. Deadbolts don't help much in those cases, especially if you have neighbors.

Also, no sex is worth the torture that headgames can bring. Well, almost no sex. Still, you won't know that until it's too late.

xbigslickk3x
01-25-2005, 11:46 PM
lol. i like the posts alot. i feel like i can do it now if i could only contact her. thx alot i dno i just felt inspired!

anyway, the place i work for is off the books they pay $5 flat no tax... im 90% sure they never had her last name and 99% sure they dont have it now. they dont have mine why would they have hers and she only worked one day a week and didnt really talk to any1 else much but me. im pretty busy next few days, but hopefully and ill really try to do something when i have a chance!

thx for the confidence/help. the time is now!

adios
01-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Going on this forum and openly discussing your feelings like you've done makes you a winner. You want help and you're reaching out for help.

nothumb
01-26-2005, 12:03 AM
Yes, great idea, send the kid having self-esteem issues a poem about existential angst, fear of death and anonymity. You must be working on an MSW. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, one of my favorite poems as well.

NT

wacki
01-26-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Going on this forum and openly discussing your feelings like you've done makes you a winner. You want help and you're reaching out for help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post adios.

DemonDeac
01-26-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

O SNAP! I DIDN'T KNOW DR. PHIL POSTED HERE.

Sooga
01-26-2005, 01:01 AM
Haha, that wasn't quite the motive I had in mind, but now that you mention it, I suppose he could interpret it that way. To me that poem just signified to me a man finally realizing that he had wasted away his entire life being afraid, and I hope the OP doesn't have a similar realization 40, 50 years down the line.

DemonDeac
01-29-2005, 09:26 PM
BUMP

WHAT HAPPENED MAN?

eastbay
01-29-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're just wrong. How old are you?

Women don't like men who appear desperate. That appears desperate.

If she does react as you say... run.

eastbay

nothumb
01-30-2005, 02:20 AM
Makes sense. Eliot's early work just doesn't tend to fill one with a sense of purpose and resolve, though, does it? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NT

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-30-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

On another note, do WHATEVER it takes to get a girfriend immediately! No seriously, I mean today. It becomes so easy to get scores of women after your first (unless you're Piz0wn3red!!!!!), DO NOT WAIT. That first one will give you the confidence to not give a [censored] about women, and that in turn will bring you all the chicks you can handle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Unless you are me (and cant fight off all the pussy) timing is very important. The longer you wait, the less likely you will score.

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Bump for an update.

HesseJam
02-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Cracka, I beg you. Get rid of this avatar. It is going to follow me in my sleep!

ThaSaltCracka
02-03-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cracka, I beg you. Get rid of this avatar. It is going to follow me in my sleep!

[/ QUOTE ]do a poll.

nongice626
02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smooth

HesseJam
02-04-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]do a poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I can't. A voice deep inside of me tells me that I should take no further action and that I shall keep staring at it all the time... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
03-16-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BUMP

WHAT HAPPENED MAN?

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
05-05-2005, 01:09 AM
what the hell happened with this situation?

PoBoy321
05-05-2005, 01:19 AM
somehow, this thread got brought up a while ago, and I asked the same question. Word on the street is that he went with his stalker plan and wound up in trouble.

ThaSaltCracka
05-05-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
somehow, this thread got brought up a while ago, and I asked the same question. Word on the street is that he went with his stalker plan and wound up in trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]wtf, how do you know this?

PoBoy321
05-05-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] wtf, how do you know this?

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, I don't know. I just know that someone mentioned it in another thread. I guess they could've been FoS, but I think it's believable.

DcifrThs
05-05-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Do NOT drive around looking for her car - that's like freakin' stalking man and it'd be tough to think up a smooth response to how you found her, and lying is never a good idea."

Not really, he could just tell her the truth when she asked too, it's flattering.

[/ QUOTE ]

says the pot to the kettle...

sorry bruiser, couldn't resist.

-Barron

DcifrThs
05-05-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
xbigslick, interesting post. I think the situation is clear cut though, you know what you want so do what you have to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, pot, kettle.

-Barron

rmarotti
05-05-2005, 05:12 AM
The title of this post is a terrifyingly accurate summation of the current state of OOT.

Jazza
05-05-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The title of this post is a terrifyingly accurate summation of the current state of OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

speak for yourself, i'm 23, not 18

Blarg
05-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Best thing to do is ask someone else who knows her to call her up for you and see if she wouldn't mind talking to you, preferably another woman. People won't give out women's phone numbers or anything easily -- women especially don't want to put another woman in an uncomfortable situation that way. But they'll often not mind acting as intermediaries for a little romance. You might be able to get one of the women at work to call her up and ask her if she wants to talk to you. Or, get one to give her your number so she can call you.

Working through friends etc. like this is often a good, non-threatening, non-creepy way to get things done.

I wouldn't agree with some who say you'll escape teasing about it though. People are often jerks, but so what. Man up -- who cares. Some of the very people who might tease will actually be admiring your going after what they want instead of being a wuss and letting opportunities slide on by. And, some of the women who try to help you out will think it's cute as hell, and your reputation may even go up among them.

There's probably someone there who can get in touch with her. You might even buy them lunch afterward, if it works, to thank them.

Th3Answer
05-05-2005, 06:27 AM
The answer to your problems is Masturbation

xbigslickk3x
05-05-2005, 06:37 AM
wow i totally forgot about this thread. anyway i didnt talk to any1 from work since. i quit the job around valentine day. i drove around where i suspected she lived and saw like 20 gold 00ish maximas within like 10 blocks and gave up with that. shes kind of on my way home so every now and then i drive down a couple blocks to see if i catch my 1 out and see her outside 1 day. i got a hold of a screen name from someone that went to her school. i was hoping if he didnt know her he would give me another screen name and i would ask them etc etc. the kid's sn that i got was a year older and a guy and he didnt know her and blocked me pretty fast so that died. only thing left to do was show up at her school but i didnt do that. this thread took me by surprise lol

btw im now 19 and a loser /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blarg
05-05-2005, 06:56 AM
Heheh oh well. Had no idea the thread was old; today was the first time I saw it. Someone must have recycled it.

Good luck to you! Remember not to let too many of the good things pass you by.