PDA

View Full Version : A Real Trifecta Against A Pro You Might Know

xmrstyle
01-25-2005, 01:20 AM
Absolute Poker 25/50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.60 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.80 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.80 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.80 BB

I am loose I always defend J9 here

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Entity
01-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Your preflop call seems really bad, and I don't get your flop checkraise.

Anyway, congrats on the trifecta. It'd be cooler if you would've capped the turn and checkraised the turn.

Rob

LaGarde
01-25-2005, 01:38 AM
If the turn is capped, there is no chance UTG+1 value bets the set. So it would go check-check if hero attempts another CR, or bet-call on the river for no difference in total BB.

The only way to extract more money, (big maybe here), is betting out the river, then 3-bet when raised. But the chances of you getting raised on the river if you lead out are small.

I think this was the best possable line

amerksmann22
01-25-2005, 01:57 AM
I would flop preflop but appartently you always defend here.

So anyways, who is the pro we might know?

xmrstyle
01-25-2005, 01:57 AM
preflop=bad
flop=FPS
turn=nuts
trifecta=PRICELESS

xmrstyle
01-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Given the game and the site I'll let you deduce whom the Pro is in this case.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

elindauer
01-25-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the turn is capped, there is no chance UTG+1 value bets the set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a classic example of players assuming that their opponents know exactly what they hold. I believe that if you check the river here, your opponent will put you on two pair or a smaller set and bet. There's just no way they are going to check behind with what can only be described as a monster on this board.

my 2 cents.
Eric

elindauer
01-25-2005, 02:04 AM
This line can only be described as FPS. There is no reason to call the turn planning to check-raise the river, since capping the turn and leading the river gets the same 5 big bets in without the risk that your opponent will check KK behind on the river.

Now, if you had capped the turn and check-raised the river, you'd have something to brag about.

my 2 cents.
Eric

arkady
01-25-2005, 03:21 AM
is it Mark "the aggro" Sief?

wheelz
01-25-2005, 04:10 AM
yes

esspo
01-25-2005, 12:40 PM
You should post this garbage in the gossip forum. Maybe they will give you the praise you so desperately seek.

Nick B.
01-25-2005, 12:54 PM
I think in the trifecta, you actually have to be ahead on all 3 streets.

rmarotti
01-26-2005, 06:34 AM
No way, man. That eliminates the two-outer river suckout trifecta, the implied odds of which are approximately infinite.

BarronVangorToth
01-26-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It just requires you to perform one (1) check-raise per street AND have them all be called (including the river).

Mission accomplished.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

CORed
01-26-2005, 11:48 AM
I think you're a fishy LAG who got very lucky.

Nick B.
01-26-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No. It just requires you to perform one (1) check-raise per street AND have them all be called (including the river).

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I don't think this is a real trifecta since he was on a draw on the flop and he got 3-bet on the flop and turn.

I think a real trifecta is when you have the best hand and the action goes, Check-bet-raise-call on all 3 streets. A 3-bet takes that away.

SossMan
01-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm still looking for a limpreraise, then a perfect trifecta.

UTG limp, Button raise, UTG limp RR, Button call.

flop:
check, bet, chraise, call.
Turn:
River:

pwned!!

bugstud
01-26-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still looking for a limpreraise, then a perfect trifecta.

UTG limp, Button raise, UTG limp RR, Button call.

flop:
Turn:
River:

pwned!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had one of those out of the BB...well, almost. 4 handed I had a maniac image and AA on the button, UTG limpreraises with KK and trifectas me on the AK4 flop, turn and river...

ah, memories /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tpir90036
01-26-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It certainly makes more sense this way since anyone on earth could check-raise every street and get called and either lose the hand or pull off some weird suck-out. At least he was open-ended in this one /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BarronVangorToth
01-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Nick,

Your version of the trifecta is certainly cooler, but less verifiable -- let's say this scenario happens:

You have Aces.
Villain has ??.

Flop you check raise.
Turn you do.
River comes an Ace and you checkraise again.

What if he had a set on the flop -- he wouldn't show and you wouldn't've been "winning" on every street.

I have to admit, though, the limp-reraise + trifecta maneuver seems amazingly pimpy. It would need its own name though.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

sublime
01-26-2005, 06:29 PM
your preflop call is terrible, the word defend should not be used here.

the flop is fine, but i cap the turn.

xmrstyle
01-27-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're a fishy LAG who got very lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said i wasn't or that I didn't /images/graemlins/cool.gif

afk
01-27-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your preflop call is terrible, the word defend should not be used here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it can if UTG+1 is ballsy enough to "steal" (/images/graemlins/confused.gif) from early position...