PDA

View Full Version : Fake the blocking bet?

StoneRose
01-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Generally I find that if the flop is x /images/graemlins/heart.gif, y /images/graemlins/heart.gif, z /images/graemlins/club.gif and I've flopped a reasonably strong hand, i.e top pair, 2 pairs or a set. If EP bets out a small amount (a blocking bet) and I raise big, and he calls, and the turn (or the river, if he gets that far) is the 3rd /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and EP bets or raises, 99% of the time I am beat. I can't recall that I have ever caught anyone bluffing in this spot when I've called.

It would be tough to bluff this scenario -- make a "fake" blocking bet on a board with 2 of a suit, planning to go all in on a (semi) bluff when a scare card hits. Mainly because most players simply aen't going to fold what might be a relatively strong hand.

Does anyone here ever try this play when they flop something like A /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif when they hold A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif -- and think they may be up against a better ace?

Just curious.

soah
01-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Bluffing bad players is throwing away good money.