PDA

View Full Version : pot limit omaha/8 question

#1donk
01-24-2005, 11:51 PM
online .50/1 pl omaha/8 game. loose aggressive.

i get dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on my first hand. i had been watching the game while i was on the waiting list so i got a feel for the game. i happened to be in the bb and there four others in the pot so i thought i would take a flop and maybe catch a big hand.

flop comes K 8 7 with one club. i check being first to act, there was one minimum bet and a minimum raise. i called with second nut low draw and tptk. turn brings the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. i check with the nut low and nut flush draw. guy to my left bets half the pot. one guy folds and the guy in front of me moves in for not much more than the original bet. here is where my question begins. i decide to move in being next to act, but i have a feeling that i should have just called. but since there was so much money in the pot i decided to move in. the guy to my left folds and i don't hit my nut high and end up quartering the low.

so is it a bad idea to move in on the turn with a huge hand with only one person to act behind me, or should i have just called and try to hit my nut high on the river? keep in my mind that the guy who was left to act behind me had a decent sized stack.

mosquito
01-25-2005, 12:23 AM
That's a good hand to see the flop cheaply. You got a
fair, but not great flop which is willing to see the
turn for a small fraction of the bankrolls in play.

Catching the turn is great,nut low + nut flush draw.
The big problem is you could easily be counterfieted
for low, or 1/4erd. Which is why you don't want to pay
too much for this card on the flop. You hand is vulnerable,
with the potential to be huge.

Your hand is best if you catch the club on the river,
and don't want to lose anyone in the meantime. On the
other hand, if you know you will get callers you may
choose to gamble with it.