PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom Account Suspension

05-06-2002, 06:24 PM
I tried to log on to Pokerroom.com today. To my surprise and chagrin, I was not allowed to log in because "your account is under investigation."

Not sure what is going on here...Also, a large cashout that I made to finance a road trip to vegas also appears to have been frozen as well. No email was sent to explain that I was under investigation. I am currently awaiting pokerroom's response to my e-mail query.

Anyone have any similar problems?

RH

05-06-2002, 07:43 PM
Hey Hobbs,

The did the same thing to me. It took 1.5 weeks but they re-instated me, no explanation, no nothing. I think we might have been effected by some sour grapes. I am sure you know some people that used to be there that might feel this way about us. Anyway send them an e-mail everyday hopefully it will not take them as long in your case. Let me know what they tell you, if anything.

My e-mail mewhoelse17@yahoo.com

05-07-2002, 09:43 AM
I have now talked to our support staff about this. It seems that there were certain things about the account that needed to be investigated. Another real money account belonging to another

player had been used at the same computer, for example. There were also a few other circumstances about the account that we had to look into.

After the investigation we have however reached the conclusion that things are OK, and the account is now re-activated again. His cash-out is already in his PayPal account.

We are sorry about the inconvenience, but such investigations are sometimes necessary in order to maintain a high level of security and integrity at the site.

Regards,

Oscar Hornell

webmaster@PokerRoom.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poker Room

http://www.pokerroom.com

-Play poker online!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05-07-2002, 11:08 AM
Isnt it a little late to be investigating?If for some case the player was cheating -sharing computers or whatever etc would the players who lost to him be given their money back?Would we be made aware of this situation?It just sounds like it's not protecting the players who were already cheated.

05-07-2002, 12:50 PM
Great. Thanks for the prompt response. I totally forgot about using someone else's computer to play (I don't think he even signed up for an account until after I showed him the site). Anyways, I'm glad to see that you take collusion concerns seriously.

Best,

RH

05-07-2002, 03:48 PM
An excellent questioon!!! -- one I can't recall ever having been answered by any of the "CEOs" who

occasionally monitor and post here --