PDA

View Full Version : Did I slow down too soon?

jason_t
01-24-2005, 09:52 PM
First orbit at table. Villian in SB didn't seem out of the ordinary.

Did I slow down too soon? Should I raise the turn and go into call-down mode if I'm 3-bet?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

adamstewart
01-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Hmmm....

The title of your post could be biasing my comments here, as it sounds like your hand is good here.

However, I still think you should raise the turn for Two reasons: (1) your hand is still very likely the best, and (2) you want to punish MP2 by making him call 2 BB's to stay in the pot.

To look at why I think your hand is still best, think about this: You raised UTG. MP2 and SB both 'cold-called' (quotations because SB already had 1/2 small bet in the pot). Neither re-raised, which means QQ is more unlikely for either of them. Further, it is unlikely that they have a "2" in their hands because what types of hands would cold-call with a "2"??? (A,2 perhaps, but unlikely).

Thus, the vast majority of the time you're ahead on the flop.

The 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the turn is yet another "blank." I'd raise the turn, but if 3-bet I'd go into call-down mode from there.

It seems like SB may have something like AQ, or maybe JJ or TT. Therefore, he won't likley fold to your raise and you'll still get paid off.

Just my thougts...

Adam

ErrantNight
01-24-2005, 10:58 PM
yes