PDA

View Full Version : Erroneous SnG Play

HoldingFolding
01-24-2005, 09:42 PM
What type of mistakes do you commonly make when playing SnGs? i.e. the type of errors that you reflect on and realise you misplayed.

Me: 5 or 6 player remaining, blinds at 50-200, semi steal with low PP, Ax, or Kx from MP or LP, gets reraised (all in) and you call.

You?

ilya
01-24-2005, 09:47 PM
mrzarembsky does not make mistakes.

Unparagoned
01-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Unless I have alot of chips, I am rarely in a position to get re-raised when I am holding one of those hands. Personally, I think I make more mistakes earlier, getting involved when I have a second best hand. I have difficulty letting go of my BB J2 that saw the flop for free when the flop comes JJx; however, action usually means I lose that hand. I also have trouble when I limp with a hand like 99 only to see the flop come 773 or something else that is all under 9, I often find myself losing a large chunk of my stack in this situation. I'm sure there are a ton of other types of situations that register as weaknesses, but unless you count getting called by a better hand when I push on the button a "mistake" then the late game is not primarily a weakness.

CountDuckula
01-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Well, I'll tell you about one lulu I made last night. I had AJo in MP, and had made a 4xBB raise; the SnG was still in the first level. The clown on the button pushed, and it was folded back to me. I thought for a bit, remembered that he'd been quite loose and aggressive, and decided to call. Everyone else folded, and our cards flipped over.

Villain had 63o. I was pleased with myself for picking off the bluff. Flop and turn were all blanks. Then a 3 hit the river. Buh-bye.

-Mike

Jman28
01-25-2005, 01:01 AM
I push too often on a steal when I know it is correct for the BB to fold all but AA, KK, QQ, and AK, but they don't know that. I need to learn who I can make fold and who I can't.

Another bad move I make is checking to the pf raiser as a habit when I hit a good flop, even with draws on the board. I'm working on that.

-Jman28

valenzuela
01-25-2005, 01:07 AM
i had aces raised an idiot called me out of position, flop is 88x he checks ,i raise, he goes all-in...sigh he sucked out on me...i tilted...i called, i busted.

Slim Pickens
01-25-2005, 02:03 AM
...trying to be too clever, and actually just playing stupid. I usually make myself go sit in my shame closet and think about what I've done, but it never seems to stop me from doing it again. Perfect example:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t775)
CO (t760)
Button (t770)
SB (t695)
BB (t735)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t785)
MP1 (t725)
MP2 (t1955)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t30</font>, CO folds, Button calls t30, SB calls t20, BB folds, UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, MP1 calls t15.
Long story short, there were all-ins involved and the winning hand was two pair, jacks and 8's.

Hero raises to 30? 30??!! In the closet!

Slim

kevstreet
01-25-2005, 10:42 AM
"30? in the closet" that's pretty funny Slim!!

I think I have the opposite problem. I don't think I'm getting as much value on my big hands as I could. For instance, I catch pocket Aces early on, raise 3-4x BB,get
3-4 callers pot is t150. Flop is all under cards, everyone checks to me I bet out t100 and everyone folds. Maybe I shouldn't second guess myself, better to win a small pot. But I do find myself doing the same thing when I catch trips, I bet out strong and hardly get any action. Also, I think my bubble play has been a little suspect. In the small blind w/ A10 with 5 players left UTG goes all in and has me covered, I fold, BB calls - flop 10, 10, x. OUCH.

Ship_it_tome
01-25-2005, 11:30 AM
u goofballs, you people are why i make money!! Quit making mistakes, how hard can it be?? I admit, i make mistakes too, but none like those, i misread people, and that doesnt happen very often. I also know most of my competition, so that helps also.