PDA

View Full Version : limit SNG late game strategy?

bigredlemon
01-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Since you can't push preflop, what do you do? Wait for a hand you want to go all in with and bet out every street? Play looser and try to hit flops when you limp in?

ilya
01-24-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm curious about this too. I'm pretty sure limping is off limits when it gets down to 5 or 6 as your implied odds just aren't gonna be there. Unless, perhaps, you limp in with position & the intention of stealing on the flop.
On the whole, I suspect that the late stage is more like NL SnGs than one might expect, since the high blinds will keep most pots HU or 3-way. so, I think it's still mostly about big cards that do well hot-and-cold in those situations.
I also think early hand values change somewhat in limit SnGs; namely, small and medium pairs go down in value (harder to protect the set, harder to use position to steal pot) while Axs and suited connectors go up in value (you'll have great odds to chase your draw, and you will almost certainly win the pot if you make your hand -- and you'll get paid off, too, since it'll be just one more bet).

patrick dicaprio
01-24-2005, 09:46 PM
i played a limit holdem tourney last week by mistake and won so i am 1 for 1. They key was that at NL your opponents can play back at you for your whols stack, but at the limit games they will pay back once but wont be willing to confront you if you play back strongly. doesnt matter what your cards are just dont be afraid to make plays. not every hand of course. but you cant wait forever.

Pat