PDA

View Full Version : MAXIM teams up with TruePoker

05-05-2002, 11:36 PM
http://www.truepoker.com/partners_maxim.html

"We’re thrilled to report that in their quest to find the Web’s most cutting-edge, interactive poker site, Maxim Online has chosen to team up with True Poker as their "play for fun" game of choice."

the report on true's website says that maxim online is the partner. will only maxim's website be promoting truepoker or the magazine as well? this will make the softest online cardroom even softer. i'm curious to see how much, if any, advertising for truepoker will now be found in maxim magazine.

05-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Does that mean they'll bring out some new characters we can play as - maybe Kylie Minogue in underwear...

05-06-2002, 11:16 AM

05-06-2002, 02:10 PM
Truepoker has teamed up with MaximOnline to offer "play for fun" tables on a Maxim-Truepoker server.

One of our goals is to introduce internet poker to the many visitors to MaximOnline. As they gain familiarity with internet poker, some are expected to convert over to playing for real money on Truepoker. The collateral benefit of new players to 2+2 forum readers is apparent.

You can visit MaximOnline to review the marketing questions you posed. (I do not want to burden this forum with a marketing discussion, which would be quite far afield from the forum topic.)

As a side note to the post below regarding Truepoker adding a server, that was done to accomodate both (a) our increased traffic at Truepoker with fewer slowdowns, and (b) our launch of the Maxim-Truepoker games as a marketing tool to bring in new players.

Truepoker CEO

05-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Boy, I wish Paradise would give us the same respect as you do, David/TruePoker! All the praise to you, and the corner for Paradise!