PDA

View Full Version : Ad5d button...

DcifrThs
01-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

im curious who plays this a lot more aggressively...and who folds river...who bets turn...basically i hate this hand...

pfr: {{H 1,321 - V 38 - R 19 - NF 23 - ag 1.5
ASB 60 - FSB 14 - FBB 19 - FBB-HU 9
WSD 36 - W$SD 54 - WF-T 7 - WF-R 2
BB/100 4 - W $1,586 - LS 01/12/2005}}

flop raiser: {{H 1,654 - V 24 - R 8 - NF 12 - ag 0.8
ASB 35 - FSB 71 - FBB 28 - FBB-HU 14
WSD 29 - W$SD 58 - WF-T 3 - WF-R 2
BB/100 2 - W $960 - LS 01/11/2005}}

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has As Qd (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ad 5d (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins 10.50 BB. </font>

BarronVangorToth
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
This is precisely the reason why you 3-bet this flop -- to make the better Ace fold to give yourself two additional clean outs -- not to mention for the "free card" on the turn if you want it.

Definitely should've been more aggressive here.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

skp
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Consider:

1. Preflop raise

2. Flop 3 bet (to clean up your ace out, to get a free card, for value etc.)

3. Turn bet - By then, you should know that the sb prolly has a hand like QQ or a big ace. The flop raiser's turn check is an indication that he too is on a draw or at the least is scared shitless of your flop coldcall. sb may well fold (that's great for you) and particularly great if the other guy then calls with a diamond draw leaving him with only 6 outs nad an opportunity to checkraise if the flush comes in....heh

Nate tha' Great
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
You can raise preflop if you like.

I would raise the flop. Big pot, cleaning up outs is a realisic possibility, you have plenty of outs to withstand how ever many bets go in.

I would not bet the turn.

I would certainly call the river.

Stork
01-24-2005, 08:39 PM
You missed an easy 3-bet on the flop, rest of the hand is ok.

DcifrThs
01-24-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Consider:

1. Preflop raise

2. Flop 3 bet (to clean up your ace out, to get a free card, for value etc.)

3. Turn bet - By then, you should know that the sb prolly has a hand like QQ or a big ace. The flop raiser's turn check is an indication that he too is on a draw or at the least is scared shitless of your flop coldcall. sb may well fold (that's great for you) and particularly great if the other guy then calls with a diamond draw leaving him with only 6 outs nad an opportunity to checkraise if the flush comes in....heh

[/ QUOTE ]

the preflop raise i used to do...then stopped...then do...now obviously in a stop phase...clearly i think its a close call not to be overused...

thanks for the other comments too SKP...im clearly not playing up to par here...but those thoughts come up after i act...boooooo

-Barron

TStoneMBD
01-24-2005, 08:51 PM
3bet flop as everyone advised.

stoxtrader
01-24-2005, 09:29 PM
I think posting the results may have colored people's opinion. I think a 3 bet on the flop is a viable line, but I think your's is fine also - definitely not a clear mistake. I would however bet this turn once checked too. But when I'm running bad, I get check-raised so often it makes my head spin.

Stork
01-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Na, I was thinking 3-bet the moment I read the flop action, and I think anything but 3-betting here sucks.

Also, I would only bet the turn if I thought I had a chance of folding both opponents.

Trix
01-24-2005, 09:41 PM
You really think QQ will fold here after the flopraiser checks ?
AQ/AT also just picked up a gutshot and AJ a pair, so I dont see those folding either when the pot will be 9.5 BBs to him and he can expect the guy behind him to call aswell.

Michael Davis
01-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I think you can make a case for folding on the river but I don't want to do the math because I can't.

-Michael

3rdCheckRaise
01-24-2005, 11:18 PM
OK you accomplished your goal and scared MP1 shitless with your cold call 2 on the flop. Now, bet the turn would ya?
I call the river too...

TStoneMBD
01-24-2005, 11:59 PM
calling or 3betting the flop is a close decision, and it doesnt hurt to mix up your play for deception as that is more +EV than either option over the other.

JasonP530
01-25-2005, 02:37 PM
I may be the only one who doesnt advocate raising the flop. On this board, I think you run into AK, AA, or KK too much from a SB raise and lead into 4 people to make it worth it. You happened to catch him raising AQ out of the Sb, betting into the field with it unimproved, and hit. Quite a parlay. You happened to catch the SB with the only hand where raising the flop would have been correct. Now if the SB checks the flop, then you should raise the flop to eliminate what is probably a good ace.

Peter H
01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
whats with all this talk about a pref raise???
why would u want to charge ureself an extra bet when ure A is likely no good and u will rarely flop a diamond draw?
please justify.

i kno u can take a free card on the flop, but if u flop a diamond draw u are prolly gonna bet it anyways. if u flop an A u have no clue where u are and are still likely beaten by AJ, AT, or Ax out of blinds.

all in all i hate a pref raise.

stoxtrader
01-25-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Na, I was thinking 3-bet the moment I read the flop action, and I think anything but 3-betting here sucks.

Also, I would only bet the turn if I thought I had a chance of folding both opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can can answer that for you. You have a chance of folding both opponents.

Stork
01-25-2005, 04:34 PM
If that's the case then I think a turn bet would've been good.