PDA

View Full Version : Royal Draw

JKratzer
01-24-2005, 08:25 PM
My first try at using the hand converter...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($40)
UTG ($100)
UTG+1 ($98)
UTG+2 ($223.5)
MP1 ($107.75)
MP2 ($57.2)
MP3 ($148.35)
CO ($100.5)
Button ($108.1)
Hero ($248.4)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $2, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls $2, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($12) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $15</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $35</font>

Thoughts on my play? I don't usually bet out the flush draw, but I liked it enough that I wanted to get some people tied in, and this table had been a little tight the past couple orbits. The MP raiser seemed pretty solid, figured him for at least two pair. Other guy was weak, although the reraise made me think two pair also, possibly a flush draw but not likely.

Thanks for the help,
JKratzer

JKratzer
01-24-2005, 10:26 PM
What exactly does it take to get a repsonse around here? I realize my post may not be the post of the week or anything but I routinely get zero to few responses when I do post something. I don't get it - the most inane hands and posts like "party is rigged" get a couple dozen replies. I have a legit hand that I was wondering about. Is this in the wrong forum? Wrong format?

Don't comment on the hand if you don't want, just tell me what I can do to get help when I post in the future.

Thanks

beta1607
01-24-2005, 10:51 PM
I like that you led with your draw but come for 2/3-1/2 the pot next time your bet is a little too weak IMHO. After the raise and the reraise you have to muck this. I think you are likely against a set and possibly two pair so even if you hit your flush there is a decent chance one of the villans will fill up.

tbach24
01-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I like taht you lead out, but I would've made it 8.

DoomSlice
01-24-2005, 11:01 PM
You are in a push or fold situation... how likely do you think button is to fold if you push. As another poster said it is likely he has 2 pair or better. Good bit of dead money in the pot though... I push! Even if he does fill up you still have that elusive 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

PokerCat69
01-24-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are in a push or fold situation... how likely do you think button is to fold if you push. As another poster said it is likely he has 2 pair or better. Good bit of dead money in the pot though... I push! Even if he does fill up you still have that elusive 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Speaking of 10's, no one mentioned Hero has a gutshot straight draw

Klak
01-24-2005, 11:16 PM
i think your bet gives away your hand. most good players recognize this "blocking" bet as a flush draw and raise. if you bet with a draw, it needs to be a little closer to the size of the pot so you dont get raised.

DBowling
01-24-2005, 11:29 PM
i agree with the others, the weak bet looks like your drawing. i assume you folded to all the action, because i dont think you have odds to chase vs two pair or maybe a set.

JKratzer
01-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the responses. I agree probably should have laid it down.

But I didn't and my turned flush was no good when the 3 paired the board to give MP1 Jacks full. As a small consolation I won $0.7 from the other guy when his Aces and Jacks two pair didn't hold up /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks again,
JKratzer

Tilt
01-25-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think pushing here is definitely -EV. Your one outer doesnt factor much IMO. Also if someone else is on a flush draw they likely have the 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

I think betting this out is fine, but once they let you know pretty clearly that you are up against two pair or trips you have to let it go.

Kaz The Original
01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
A good time to bluff is when you're on a stragith draw and miss but the flush hits.

This is a bad time to bluff.

DoomSlice
01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Guess it all depends on whether you expect to get 1 or 2 callers. With one caller it is slightly -EV, with 2 it is slightly +EV.