PDA

View Full Version : In karate movies....

Shajen
01-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Typical karate movie:

Good guy gets into a fight in a bar. Grabs a pool stick and starts wailing on the bad guys.

At some point in the movie, the baddest of the bad guys breaks the pool cue and then they both pause. Good guy is suddenly a frigging blur of whoopass, and beats the snot out of the bad guys, even harder than before.

Why not just break the stick in half before you start the fight?

pshreck
01-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Give movie examples not including Steven Segal. I don't think you can.

Shajen
01-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Jackie Chan.

Any movie.

oddjob
01-24-2005, 08:22 PM
everyone knows that beserk like karate woopassness doesn't start till something they're holding or wearing is broken or torn.

Shajen
01-24-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
everyone knows that beserk like karate woopassness doesn't start till something they're holding or wearing is broken or torn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know, but if I were the main character, my [censored] would be ripped all the time and I'd carry two sticks around...just so you'd know hey, don't mess with this guy.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HDPM
01-24-2005, 08:27 PM
the sucker goes for a cue in a fight. The smart guy picks up a few pool balls and knocks the idiot with the cue out. The cue is no match for a well-placed ball./images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ilya
01-24-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jackie Chan.

Any movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naww, many if not most of his movies don't have any pool hall scenes. Give the guy his due credit, he's pretty inventive with the fight sequences.

Shajen
01-24-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jackie Chan.

Any movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naww, many if not most of his movies don't have any pool hall scenes. Give the guy his due credit, he's pretty inventive with the fight sequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, don't get me wrong, Chan is the man. Old school especially.

But in most all of his movies (IIRC anyway) he ends up with two halves of a weapon and starts beating the hell out of everyone with them. He's the man as far as action/karate goes these days. Oh, and Jet Li of course.

edited for my crack ho spelling.

Lazymeatball
01-24-2005, 08:32 PM
people tend to get really mad after they get a bloody lip, then wipe their lip and look at the blood on their hand. After that they tear [censored] up.

ilya
01-24-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jackie Chan.

Any movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, don't get me wrong, Chan is man. Old school especially.

But in most all of his movies (IIRC anyway) he ends up with two halves of a weapon and starts beating the hell out of everyone with them. He's the man as far as action/karate goes these days. Oh, and Jet Li of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, if you expand the category from "pool cues" to "things," then I agree with you.

brassnuts
01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Is this a serious question? I think it's a simple matter of choreography and what flows well on screen.

Shajen
01-24-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a serious question? I think it's a simple matter of choreography and what flows well on screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was an apparently lame attempt at humor.

I'll go beat myself with the broken ends of a pool cue now.

Shajen
01-24-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, if you expand the category from "pool cues" to "things," then I agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's basically what I meant. Just used the pool cue as an example.

Me<lame

Justin A
01-24-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the sucker goes for a cue in a fight. The smart guy picks up a few pool balls and knocks the idiot with the cue out. The cue is no match for a well-placed ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Jet Li who does that sweet kick of the pool ball into the guy's forehead in some movie.

Shajen
01-24-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the sucker goes for a cue in a fight. The smart guy picks up a few pool balls and knocks the idiot with the cue out. The cue is no match for a well-placed ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I netflixed that movie just for that scene.

Jet Li does action like no one else today.
Like Jet Li who does that sweet kick of the pool ball into the guy's forehead in some movie.

[/ QUOTE ]