PDA

View Full Version : Going all in, or calling all in, without a made hand.

Terminator
01-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi,

Most of the beats (virtually all the beats actually) that I suffer in heads-up tournament play are from people who call all in with QTs, KTs, and all manner of what can only be described as drawing hands when I'm placing significant pressure on them pre-flop (If I'm raising all in pre-flop it's usually with PP, or AK/AQ).

Of course, I know I'm slight favourite with my PP, and I do suffer occasional beats from those that take this risk, but I wondered how poor a play it was on their part, if at all, all things considered?

T.

Bigwig
01-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Impossible to say without stack size information.

I certainly have called all-ins with QTs, etc before when getting proper odds. And sometimes, the guy turns over 93o.

I'll say this, calling a preflop all-in when you haven't invested any money beyond the BB where you have to call at least 4X that BB is pretty foolish with a hand like KTs, unless you've got a maniac on your hands. Be sure about your read, in that case.

Terminator
01-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Yes, it is always pre-flop, and they are being put all in by the move. I can understand it when they're low stacked, just, but usually it's when to call would either wipe them out or double them up (and wipe me out almost).

T.