PDA

View Full Version : 99 UTG

DcifrThs
01-24-2005, 07:35 PM
BB's stats={{H 176 - V 19 - R 6 - NF 9 - ag 0.8
ASB 25 - FSB 100 - FBB 33 - FBB-HU 100
WSD 28 - W$SD 91 - WF-T 3 - WF-R 0
BB/100 16 - W $824 - LS 01/11/2005}}

i thought at the c'r point with the agression factor of .8 it looked a LOT like a 7 and not a draw...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (12.33 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 21.33 BB

thoughts? or is this just standard...sorry if it is but i'm just getting back and searching hands i think i may have misplayed...

-Barron

TStoneMBD
01-24-2005, 07:49 PM
looks good to me

skp
01-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Raise the turn.

By raising, you will knock off overcard draws (which is bad) but they might have folded for even just one bet anyway.

By raising, you will make draws (and this board offers plenty) coldcall two when they are drawing dead. Also, bb will likely 3 bet if he has a 7 or better and you can do the whole exercise again i.e. I would cap instead of just calling his 3rd bet as now, the flush draws despite thinking that they might be drawing dead will simply not be able to fold in this huge pot.

It's natural to go for the smoothcall on the turn with a monster but sometimes, it's counterprodutive. I would go for the smoothcall on a board bereft of draws although even then, it might be a mistake as you can't now be 3 bet by the original bettor.

DcifrThs
01-24-2005, 08:06 PM
exactly what i was weighing...but after i checked, i realised i've given up so much that the betting would have to be capped so often to make up for it on the river that it was probably not the best play...just wanted to see how far off it was...

also, at the spur of the moment when i called the flop i thought it could have been a little off in terms of odds to take one off with all those b'd draws when i felt i was clearly against a 7. but i figured a d draw was good against the 7 since it was likely suited with that player in the blinds...but not necessarily against the other draws...

lots of considerations and i just felt i left a lot on the table on the turn and maybe gave up a little on the flop...but in that size pot with an unlikely raise from behind and 3 more bets coming in (or 2 i think), i thought the call was slightly wrong but could make a huge payoff if correct...

-Barron