PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars Micro Limit hand

05-05-2002, 03:54 AM
Ive done well playing the microlimits at Paradise. However, recently I have been on a horrible loosing streak. Ok time for a change of pace, I move to pokerstars. Unfortunately the loosing streak follows me(perhaps becuase the 2+2ers have all gone to pokerstars to take advantage of there grand opening promotion). Or it could be I have problem with my game.

I submit for your review and criticism the following hand. Was this a proper lay down?

PokerStars Game #10278736: Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2002/05/05 - 03:10:07 (EST)

Table 'Anser' Seat #1 is the button

TheDragon: posts small blind $0.25

That's Nice: posts big blind $0.50

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Stu Pidasso [Ac As]

dream: folds

Ace Jackoff: folds

Stu Pidasso: raises $0.50 to $1

local crew: folds

Torche: calls $1

timzcat: calls $1

dang42: calls $1

TheDragon: calls $0.75

That's Nice: calls $0.50

*** FLOP *** [5s 5d 8c]

TheDragon: checks

That's Nice: checks

Stu Pidasso: bets $0.50

Torche: calls $0.50

timzcat: calls $0.50

dang42: calls $0.50

TheDragon: folds

That's Nice: calls $0.50

*** TURN *** [5s 5d 8c] [Kh]

That's Nice: checks

Stu Pidasso: checks

(I checked here because if there is one bet behind me I can check raise, if the Big Blind checkraises I can safely put him on trips)

Torche: bets $1

timzcat: folds

dang42: raises $1 to $2

That's Nice: raises $1 to $3

(The flop probably hit the BB smack on the head - time to eject the rockets)

Stu Pidasso: folds

Torche: folds

*** RIVER *** [5s 5d 8c Kh] [Ad]

(DOH! DOUBLE DOH!)

That's Nice: bets $1

*** SHOW DOWN ***

That's Nice: shows [5h Th] (three of a kind, Fives)

dang42: mucks hand

That's Nice collected $16.75 from pot

05-05-2002, 10:04 AM
If you could see everyone's hole cards, then a fold on the turn for 3 bets cold was the correct move. You weren't getting the odds to draw to your two outs! Also you couldn't get the trip 5's to fold no matter what you did.

So, at least according to the fundamental theory of poker, the fold was good.

- Tony

05-05-2002, 12:58 PM
Wrong forum -- you'll get more advice in small stakes.

I can understand your thinking on the turn. However, I would bet the turn. You have close pot odds (well close to pot odds) to call a raise. And, the BB may even think you have a KK and call you down. As soon as you check, he's 100% sure you don't have KK. Remember that when you have the trips/FH on the turn.

So, I think you made the right decision on laying down the aces. I think this shows your game is getting advanced. Very few players can lay down those babies and get into all sort s of trouble.

However, I would not have been faced with that decision.

05-05-2002, 08:03 PM
I recall playing with you about 6 months ago when I played lower limits stu. You play tight/weak, and while this can often still net wins onthe .5 tables on pp, you need to play much more aggresively. I specifically remember being able to bully you out of pots by raising with subpar holdings, and if you called, I just checked the next card, and you would still often not bet the river in fear.