PDA

View Full Version : Silence

Dantes
01-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't listen to music in the car. At home (in front of the computer doing nothing of consequence) I usually don't have any music on. I find it distracting and hard to concentrate on anything. I'd rather think about things. Am I weird?

ThaSaltCracka
01-24-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I weird?

[/ QUOTE ] no, I can focus well when I listen to music, but I can't read anything of substance while listening to music, to distracting.

edit: I just realized that made no sense. Here is an example, I can focus on things like math problems while listening to music, but I can't focus on a novel while listening to music.

astroglide
01-24-2005, 07:22 PM
my stepsister got behind on a pontiac sunfire years ago so i took over payments for her and started driving it. the battery died and i replaced it, but when i did that it triggered the theftlock on its shitty builtin radio/tape deck (it thought the unit had been disconnected). nobody knew the code, so i would have had to take it to a dealer and pay $50 to get it fixed. but i hate going to dealers and waiting, so i never fixed it and drove in complete silence for at least a couple years.

it was unsettling at first, and it would bug some passengers but i got used to it and learned to like it. i think enjoying silence (especially on long trips) could be seen as a skill.

Gatts
01-24-2005, 07:31 PM
my speakers blew on my old van and for about 3 months it was total silence, but I have a new car now with an mp3 player. I wouldn't mind the silence, but I paid 350 bucks for this thing and it's great, so I use it.