PDA

View Full Version : Greatest solitaire game

kyro
01-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Freecell. Sorry, I have no erotic pictures of this amazing game. I just lost for the first time in 23 games. I think my best is 30-something. I'm sure others have done better. Discuss this great solitaire game.

whiskeytown
01-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I was trying to beat all 32000 games in Microsoft before Chris Halverson showed me the FAQ - someone's already done it anyways...

they SAID in the MS file that theoretically, any game can be beat, but that's not true. There are many unbeatable games and some damn hard ones to solve. It does however have one of the highest win rates for solitare, which is why you like it probably.

RB

kyro
01-24-2005, 05:55 PM
it's fairly easy to beat, sure. but what i like about it, is if i don't play for several months and come back to it, i'll win on average 25% of the time for the first 10 games or so. then i'll remember how to play again, and win 95% of them. i like solitaire games that are very beatable, but encourage you to think, unlike a lot of them.

brassnuts
01-24-2005, 06:59 PM
My longest streak is 162, haven't played it in a while. But, it is a great game.

ArchAngel71857
01-25-2005, 12:46 AM
Spider kicks freecells ass. My win rate is around 28%.

FWIW, I heard 'Gaps' is the hardest solitaire game. Also called Montana.

I have played Idiot's solitaire many times and have never beaten it.

Anyway, yeah i tired this Freecell beat all games thing. Not as challenging as Spider.

-AA