PDA

View Full Version : my dog is pooping blood

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 04:54 PM
this isnt supposed to be funny. i guess i should be telling this to the vet, not the OOTheads.

liquidboss
01-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Sounds like it's time to get a new dog...

Gatts
01-24-2005, 04:58 PM
my thoughts when opening the thread

Dynasty
01-24-2005, 04:59 PM
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/images/smilies/needpics.gif

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 05:01 PM
now that was the first decent reply ive recieved on this one.

SomethingClever
01-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Did he/she eat something he wasn't supposed to?

I think an isolated incident of a little blood in your dog's poop isn't necessarily cause for concern. But if it happens a couple times, or it's really pretty bloody, get him to a vet.

vulturesrow
01-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Kick him in the stomach again and see if that helps.

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what you would do if your kid was shitting blood, throw him/her away and get a new one?

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that what you would do if your kid was shitting blood, throw him/her away and get a new one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogs are not kids. They are dogs.

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Kicking didnt help. Now what vulture?

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it is not exactly the same. Basically, it seems that many of you are real pieces of [censored] since you're ready to abandon your pet at the first sign of trouble.

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kicking didnt help. Now what vulture?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try giving your dog away to people who will actually give a damn about it.

mmbt0ne
01-24-2005, 05:15 PM
What are we talking about here? Is it a little extra red in the solid sh[/i]it , or is it more like a firehose of sh[/b]it-blood?

astroglide
01-24-2005, 05:17 PM
blood in stool = trip to vet, do not pass go or collect $200 on this one. intestinal obstructions from eating something impassable are fairly common and need to be addressed.

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Quote:

It was a joke homer. shes goin to the vet at 5:30.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
Try giving your dog away to people who will actually give a damn about it. It was a joke homer. shes goin to the vet at 5:30.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dammit! I was counting on this thread for my afternoon entertainment. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have been able to tell that was a joke. I got riled up after the first couple of responses suggested kicking the dog to the curb. I'm glad she is being taken to the vet.

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
Try giving your dog away to people who will actually give a damn about it. It was a joke homer. shes goin to the vet at 5:30.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dammit! I was counting on this thread for my afternoon entertainment. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself.

LALDAAS
01-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Awww man thats horrible, Did he maybe eat some chicken bones.

chabibi
01-24-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Is that what you would do if your kid was shitting blood, throw him/her away and get a new one?

[/ QUOTE ]Dogs are not kids. They are dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it is not exactly the same. Basically, it seems that many of you are real pieces of [censored] since you're ready to abandon your pet at the first sign of trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought he was replying to the original poster saying
[ QUOTE ]
this isnt supposed to be funny. i guess i should be telling this to the vet, not the OOTheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 05:25 PM
its good to see a few ppl out there who still have compassion for living things. a joke is a joke, though,im not whining....that one about the thread being useless without pics was pretty good.

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its good to see a few ppl out there who still have compassion for living things. a joke is a joke, though,im not whining....that one about the thread being useless without pics was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked at the depths this forum has sunk to. It was obvious you were not joking and the responses you received were despicable. I wonder where these people come from sometimes that have no compassion for living beings, human or otherwise.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder where these people come from sometimes that have no compassion for living beings, human or otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
From your butt?

Lazymeatball
01-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Wow, it's pretty obvious no one was being serious in this thread. Jokes about abandoning dogs over minor medical problems, and then replacing it with a new dog are funny. Obviously anyone who actually did do that doesn't deserve to own a dog. That's why the joke is funny, because it's obviously wrong.

liquidboss
01-24-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm fine with compassion for living things, but my compassion fails when there are huge vet bills involved. I remember when my last dog was hit by a car a few years ago. Now I loved that dog, but when the vet told me it would cost hundreds for surgery and the medication after, compared with 50 to put him to sleep, my choice was easy. Sorry if that makes me cold hearted, but dogs really are a dime a dozen.

I do hope your dog is fine and you don't have to make that kind of decision...

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder where these people come from sometimes that have no compassion for living beings, human or otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
From your butt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I hear your Mom calling you for dinner. Run along now.

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, it's pretty obvious no one was being serious in this thread. Jokes about abandoning dogs over minor medical problems, and then replacing it with a new dog are funny. Obviously anyone who actually did do that doesn't deserve to own a dog. That's why the joke is funny, because it's obviously wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious liquidboss was being dead serious, and that's what got me pissed off.

EDIT - And I was right.

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
From your butt?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

now that was funny. i mean it. jake, i am still in love with your avatar.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that was your butt you heard.

vetman81
01-24-2005, 05:42 PM
How old is your dog? There are a number of things that could be wrong, but if it is a young dog, it is likely an intestinal parasite. That will just take a few treatments. Depending on which parasite, it could take several, but most are relatively cheap. When you take the dog in, try and take a stool sample.

An obstruction is not likely, as the dog would be vomiting rather than shitting. If it is an old dog, it could still be a parasite, but there are other things that have to be addressed as well. HTH.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not the OOTheads.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's ootiots to you. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

TimM
01-24-2005, 05:43 PM
No way man. When our dog got hit, we spent $800 getting a pin put in her leg. She lived another 10 years. If you don't love your pets (enough so that their life matters more than a few bucks), why even bother with the hassle of having them?

Homer
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make any sense.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
When you take the dog in, try and take a stool sample.

[/ QUOTE ]
We already have one. His name is Homer.

Homer
01-24-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When you take the dog in, try and take a stool sample.

[/ QUOTE ]
We already have one. His name is Homer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I care about dogs. My bad.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That doesn't make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you telling me for? It's your butt!

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not the OOTheads.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's ootiots to you. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i love it around here. the last thing i want are enemies. oh, and thanks for the reply, vetman.

Lazymeatball
01-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Upon reading liquidbosses second response, I totally agree with you Homer, he is a piece of sh[/b]it. I thought he was joking the first time.

Seriously, if you are not prepared to pay hundreds of dollars on medical bills for your dog, don't get a dog. Hundreds of dollars (assumed to mean anything under $1000) is relatively cheap compared to what some people spend on their animals. I think you have to factor in what the expected quality of life after treatment will be for the animal to see if it's worth it. If I were God I would make anyone who wanted to get a dog have to put down a security deposit of $1000. This would stop cheap fuc[/b]ks like liquidboss from just going out and getting a puppy (they're are a dime a dozen afterall) just because they think they're cute but who refuse to own up to the fact that they are responsible for the well being of another living thing.

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No way man. When our dog got hit, we spent $800 getting a pin put in her leg. She lived another 10 years. If you don't love your pets (enough so that their life matters more than a few bucks), why even bother with the hassle of having them?

[/ QUOTE ]

well put. the money will be spent if doing so will keep her around. she still has a good 8 years in her.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Upon reading liquidbosses second response, I totally agree with you Homer, he is a piece of sh[/b]it. I thought he was joking the first time.

Seriously, if you are not prepared to pay hundreds of dollars on medical bills for your dog, don't get a dog. Hundreds of dollars (assumed to mean anything under $1000) is relatively cheap compared to what some people spend on their animals. I think you have to factor in what the expected quality of life after treatment will be for the animal to see if it's worth it. If I were God I would make anyone who wanted to get a dog have to put down a security deposit of $1000. This would stop cheap fuc[/b]ks like liquidboss from just going out and getting a puppy (they're are a dime a dozen afterall) just because they think they're cute but who refuse to own up to the fact that they are responsible for the well being of another living thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why does $1,000 get to be the arbitrary amount a dog is worth? Why noth $100? Or $500? Or $1,000,000? And I'm being serious now.

Lazymeatball
01-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Dude, the amount isn't what's important here, it's arbitrary. If I was God, I would be able to research stuff like the average cost of medical bills for the most common problems that return a good quality of life to patients. If I was God I'd have a bunch of nerds who work for big HMO's making all sorts of cost analysis decisions come up with a more accurate number, as it is, $1000 gives you a rough idea of what my security deposit concept is.

AngryCola
01-24-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. What kind of attitude is that Jake?

It's just a dog, so he shouldn't care?

Have some heart man.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, the amount isn't what's important here, it's arbitrary. If I was God, I would be able to research stuff like the average cost of medical bills for the most common problems that return a good quality of life to patients. If I was God I'd have a bunch of nerds who work for big HMO's making all sorts of cost analysis decisions come up with a more accurate number, as it is, $1000 gives you a rough idea of what my security deposit concept is.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're guessing that $1,000 is like an average for a big vet bill and using that? That could sort of make sense. Although, I hate the idea of anyone mandating anything like deposits for animal ownership. Doesn't that sound a bit tyrranous? And where do all the dogs go when there's no one that can afford a $1,000 deposit? They just run loose? I guess we put them all to sleep? And i guess poor kids shouldn't be able to own dogs? I don't think I wanna live in a world where any kid can't have a dog. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I kinda agree with your idea that people should take care of their animals. It's a moral obligation and there's a definite sense of responsibility attached to animal ownership. But I don't like the idea of someone like Homer telling everyone what the animal should or shouldn't be worth to them.

wacki
01-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Jake, I like you but have some compassion.

Greenthumb, you need to go to a vet. It could be anything from an object the dog swallowed, a parasite like whipworms, hookworms, roundworms, etc..., a viral infection like parvo, colon cancer, anything!!!!!!!

Just get the dogs butt to the vet. No pun intended.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. What kind of attitude is that Jake? It's just a dog, so he shouldn't care? Have some heart man.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I never said get rid of him.
2. You have no idea the vet bills I've paid because I do belive in taking care of my animals.
3. I was just pointing out that comparing kids and animals is insane unless you're one of those crazy old ladies that lives alone with 100 cats and never bathes.
4. I like annoying people like Homer that want get worked up over this stuff.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake, I like you but have some compassion.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...Read my posts. Nowhere did I imply he shouldn't take the dog to a vet. I said kids are not dogs (or maybe it was vice versa). The rest of my posts were nonsensical gibberish about Homer's butt. I was just having fun getting him steamed.

Homer
01-24-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I don't like the idea of someone like Homer telling everyone what the animal should or shouldn't be worth to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's obvious you're just trolling, but I'll humor you.

Original poster - Asks a serious question about his pet.

First reponse - "Time to get a new dog"

Me - Says he's an [censored]

Sounds about right.

Homer
01-24-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Seriously, find something better to do with your time than [censored] with people who made the mistake of caring about dogs.

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I don't like the idea of someone like Homer telling everyone what the animal should or shouldn't be worth to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds about right.

[/ QUOTE ]
So the questions still stand, what's your dog worth to you? $1,000? $1,000,000? And why does your value get to become a moral obligation on my part?

jakethebake
01-24-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? Seriously, find something better to do with your time than [censored] with people who made the mistake of caring about dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can't stand the heat stay out of the oot.

Homer
01-24-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds about right.

[/ QUOTE ]
So the questions still stand, what's your dog worth to you? $1,000? $1,000,000?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were to get a dog, I would do it under the assumption that it becomes a member of my family. To heal a member of my family, it is worth any amount of money.

[ QUOTE ]
And why does your value get to become a moral obligation on my part?

[/ QUOTE ]

All I want you to do is not be such a prick. Do you think you can handle that?

Homer
01-24-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you? Honestly, I would like to know.

Lazymeatball
01-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Jakethebake, back to the security deposit thing. I agree that the concept of a mandatory deposit conflicts with most of my preferences for living in a non-beaurocratic free society. That's why I'm not trying to get a law passed, it's just a hypothetical. I guess the point is that people should take the cost of vet bills into account when getting a dog. If people budgeted for it, even relatively poor people can afford a dog. Most relatively poor people in this country can still afford cable, so it shouldn't be so hard to set aside a little something each month just in case.

47outs
01-24-2005, 06:16 PM
I wish this thread was a joke so I don't feel so guilty about laughing.

I think your dog has chrones disease.

outs

daryn
01-24-2005, 06:17 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you? Honestly, I would like to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

old enough to have at least 1 child. isn't that scary?

liquidboss
01-24-2005, 08:54 PM
I was joking about abandoning the dog at the first sign of medical problems. I was not joking about putting a dog to sleep when it requires a lot of money to keep it alive and healthy. I guess I put less worth on a dog's life than other's in this forum, I am fine with that. Sorry if I offended anyone, and again I hope your dog is ok.

vetman81
01-24-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So how is she?

Greenthumb
01-24-2005, 10:28 PM
she'll be fine. the doc told me what was wrong, but all i remember is that she has to take 2 pills a day for 5 days and it'll take about 18 hours for them to kick in. shes 12 lbs overweight too, but thats besides the point.

wacki
01-24-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she'll be fine. the doc told me what was wrong, but all i remember is that she has to take 2 pills a day for 5 days and it'll take about 18 hours for them to kick in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were pooping blood would you ask the doctor what is wrong? Or would you just take the pills and forget about it? I'm just curious.

Jim Kuhn
01-25-2005, 02:02 AM
Was he a virgin?

Tyler Durden
01-25-2005, 02:26 AM
Anyone ever see the twisted movie Happiness? The young boy takes a dump and tells his Mom there's blood in his BM. His father goes "you faggot, you've been raped!". Pretty funny. Pretty twisted.

Cerril
01-25-2005, 02:38 AM
I would say lighten up, but... no, in fact I will.

If you post something serious with a bit of levity in a forum full of jokers, dont' expect a lot of serious replies. The solution (take it to the vet) was self-evident, so there wasn't really a need for the 'take your dog to the vet' replies.

I didn't detect any seriousness in any of the posts, whether regarding 'kick it in the stomach again' or 'time to get a new dog!' In all seriousness, this sort of disregard for life or conventions or morality or whatever is pretty common in almost all comedy (stand up springs immediately to mind), so I don't have too much sympathy for anyone who takes this stuff seriously. I mean that's pretty much what the wilder forums are like, a bunch of aspiring 'edgy' comedians.

So as much as I hate to be one of those guys who says to lighten up or leave, I have a certain amount of that feeling here.

Gatts
01-25-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy sh[/i]it dude, lighten up. I didn't mean to suggest he should get rid of the dog. Here's the thought process, it's pretty simple.

Dog shitting blood ----&gt; dog having health problems ----&gt; dog dying ----&gt; new dog.

Now I can see the confusion. However, I don't think it's a good idea to get pissed just because you assume you know what they're talking about from not even a full sentence of text.

Homer
01-25-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say lighten up, but... no, in fact I will.

If you post something serious with a bit of levity in a forum full of jokers, dont' expect a lot of serious replies. The solution (take it to the vet) was self-evident, so there wasn't really a need for the 'take your dog to the vet' replies.

I didn't detect any seriousness in any of the posts, whether regarding 'kick it in the stomach again' or 'time to get a new dog!' In all seriousness, this sort of disregard for life or conventions or morality or whatever is pretty common in almost all comedy (stand up springs immediately to mind), so I don't have too much sympathy for anyone who takes this stuff seriously. I mean that's pretty much what the wilder forums are like, a bunch of aspiring 'edgy' comedians.

So as much as I hate to be one of those guys who says to lighten up or leave, I have a certain amount of that feeling here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the whole thread, first. There were some serious replies that were uncalled for.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I were to get a dog, I would do it under the assumption that it becomes a member of my family. To heal a member of my family, it is worth any amount of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any amount? You realize that like 99.9% of the non-PETA population would disagree with you? And maybe even them if it actually came down to that.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
she'll be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good to hear.

jakethebake
01-25-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the point is that people should take the cost of vet bills into account when getting a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
If people budgeted for it, even relatively poor people can afford a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you priced vet bills lately. My wife is a Vet Assistant and what some people pay is just insane. They'll pay bills that are literally thousands of dollars for cancer surgery for 15 year-old dogs. Or there's hip- and knee-replacements. It's nuts. The point is that you can't budget for that. I don't think I could pay it. Frankly this is a question I've debated with myself from time-to-time. I do love my dog. But just how much would be too much? I dunno.