PDA

View Full Version : PF Raise = Autobet flop?

Caruso329
01-24-2005, 03:55 PM
I employ this strategy myself from SS, but I've found that it is sometimes not a bad idea to just check on a board you came in for a raise with PF that you missed more or less. Do you feel it necessary to represent strength and gather info by auto betting the flop when say your JJ has an overcard or two out, or your AK misses completely?

amoeba
01-24-2005, 04:02 PM
I mix it up and its table dependent.

Most of the time I bet out on the flop if I was preflop raiser. 70% to 75% of the time.

I also check when I miss sometimes and also check when I hit sometimes.

Example, you raise preflop with AK, 1 caller.

flop is A 8 3.

I will sometimes check here if I am first to act.

istewart
01-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Depending on the level you play at, betting AK, first to act, into a large field unimproved is just spewing chips. So that's an example of when you might not.

Tilt
01-24-2005, 04:58 PM
If I've raised for deception, say 89s in LP, and the flop is a total whiff with 2 or more callers, I don't back it up.

From EP I generally check a missed flop with high cards and assess based on the action whether a c/r will take it down or I should fold.

I always back up a preflop raise with JJ/QQ/KK/AA, to the extent doing so will not commit my stack. I think its a huge mistake not to, cause they dont know what you have. For instance, if you hold JJ and the board comes A K Q and you bet it strong, hands that have you beat will think twice and may fold. Plus, you have outs if they call.

suspicious_mind
01-24-2005, 05:17 PM
I think this completely depends on how many callers you got and how they play, what the flop is and your position.

For example say you raise in LP with AKo after 2 loose-passive players, they call and check to you on the T52 rainbow flop I'm betting this close to 100% of the time.

Change the flop to JT6 with a flush draw against 2 agressive tricky opponents I'm probably taking the free card.

Heads up I do think you have to bet more often or you will be taken advantage of if you opponents are paying attention but against 2 or more players I think you can afford to play more passive since you opponent will have to play more careful and not bluff at every oppertunity with another player in the pot.

If I'm in early position I will also be less willing to bet out especially if there are possible draws out, since if you are called on the flop you can't really follow through on the turn and you're opponent might bet you out with a worse hand.