PDA

View Full Version : CD Burning/Freeware Recommendations -- OFF TOPIC

crockett
01-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Does anyone have some good recommendations for a CD burning software that is freeware. I’m having trouble find a decent one.

Preferences:

I really like the ability to drag and drop files into the “copy area”.

I would primarily use it for backing up files from my hard drive, so a feature where it would handle spanning multiple CDs and also keep your “preferences”. I.e. next time you want to make a backup you could call up a saved configuration that would just back up the exact same folders even though they now contain different information.

I would also use it to make copies of data CD’s, mainly software.

And finally it would be nice if it could handle copying a music CD but this would not be essential. I already have freeware that is devoted to handling all music situations.

Gambler
01-24-2005, 04:04 PM
CD Burner Xp Pro (http://www.cdburnerxp.se)

Although their site appears to be down ATM.

csuf_gambler
01-24-2005, 04:12 PM
nero's the best but i don't know if its free

JPNet
01-24-2005, 04:14 PM
burn4free

crockett
01-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes Nero is the best. I used to use it but it is only good till the last day of the month and then you have to redownload and reinstall to continue using it for free. I'm looking for a little less hassle this time around.

crockett
01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
I tried this but it conflicts with my Anti-virus software. I believe this comes packaged with spyware (they let you know right up front) and I think this is why my Anti-virus software flips out. It did look like a nice package for the five minutes it was on my machine but I removed it.