PDA

View Full Version : set of deuces

CheckFold
01-24-2005, 03:20 PM
PP $100 NL 6 max.

It's raised to $5 UTG +1, CO calls, I call on button with 22, one of the blinds calls and 4 see the flop. UTG+1 has ~$100, CO has $150 and I have $100.

It's K /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to UTG+1 who leads for $20, CO calls, I push, they both call.

How is my line? The problem with pushing as I see it is I was almost sure that one or both would call, so I'm really not protecting my hand any, plus I'm not forcing a flush draw into much of a mistake by calling another $75 into a ~$156 pot. At the same time, I don't really see myself getting away from this hand on the turn if a /images/graemlins/spade.gif drops given the potential pot size and my 10 outs as well as the small chance of being up against something like A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. So I didn't see the value of waiting till the turn to push either. Does it matter? Any thoughts?

jimdmcevoy
01-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Yep, looks good to me.

amoeba
01-24-2005, 03:59 PM
In this hand, if you know the two of them will call, you definitely push assuming you believed you had the best hand at the moment.

The reason is, the purpose of a bet is not to protect your hand as it were, but also to make more money the times the flush doesn't hit. Therefore you should bet as much as you think they will call assuming you don't put them on a higher set.

BuddahShark
01-24-2005, 05:00 PM
....Is like a mackerel in the moonlight.
Im sorry I couldnt resist.
Yea I like your line here. good push.

wbrumfiel
01-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Assuming that the 22 turned into 33 here and instead of a 2 colored flop it was 235 of hearts and had been raised pre flop, what do you do? I pushed and of course the 4th heart hit the turn and I lost to AhKc and the other guy had KhQd. Was this the right move? Sorry about no hand history, im at work.