PDA

View Full Version : Where to play with FREE money ????

05-03-2002, 08:26 PM
I know.... free money sucks and no one plays seriously, but just in case, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone knows of a place where you can play online poker and get even halfway decent practice and competition with free money ???

thanks

05-03-2002, 08:57 PM
You could try the $0.05-$0.1 hold'em games at Planet. It's not free money, but pretty darn close... Anyone that can afford a computer should be able to afford to play at that limit...

Or why not try playing with Poki on IRC. Go to http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/poker/ and click "Play Online" on the left side of the screen.

05-04-2002, 12:46 AM
the big no limit games on pokerstars are probably your best bet for play money.

05-04-2002, 03:57 AM
PokerPages. Once the big tourneys narrow down, the play is actually quite good...

even the single table satellites offer some good practice...I've encountered the same maniacal behavior in $100 rebuys, so it's definitely good to play against beginners some for practice...you never know what those two (or four) cards are...

Pokerstars big tourneys are good, after the winnowing...

Unfortunately, there are no good free ring games...

05-04-2002, 06:05 AM
There are free tourneys at ACR with a real 25$ prize for the winner (with strings attached). So at least some people play reasonably. That is the play money table with lowest % seeing the flop that i have seen.

Gatlif

05-04-2002, 09:09 AM
You can find some reasonable competition at the play money 1-on-1 tables of ParadisePoker (as well as some awful opponents). The micro-limits at PlanetPoker and freeroll tournaments are also good ideas.

05-04-2002, 07:04 PM
Agree with Pokerstars freeroll. the last several tables are pretty realistic, and making the final table is an accomplishment (plus another long shot at a few real bucks.) Other than that, be very careful about picking up some very bad habits that will destroy you in real games. Most play money tables are *not* realistic

05-05-2002, 06:14 AM
There is a way to play for free for real money. Poker.Com has a deposite bonus of $50 if you make a first deposite of at least $50. The strings attached are not made explicite so I e-mailed them: This is the reply:

Sat, 20 Apr 2002

In order to cash out your bonus you must wager (win or lose) at least $50.

Chris, Client Support

www.poker.com (http://www.poker.com)

So you can make a $50 deposite, lose your monet and still cashout $50: play for free for real money.

Gatlif.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated to poker.com. In fact I have not ever played there as they dont accept PayPal. Please dont believe me and mail poker.com to have the info first handed if you want to try this.