PDA

View Full Version : Question about laptops/monitors and multitabling

beyeond
01-24-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm currently using a Sony PCG-K25 notebook, and am looking to upgrade to a large monitor to make multitabling easier. The overlap makes concentration a bit hard.

My question is, if I buy a monitor, what steps would I have to take to make both the new monitor and the laptop screen work simultaneously? Is this possible? I'm not very educated on computer hardware, so any input and recommendations for a compatible monitor would be appreciated.

Nick-Zack
01-24-2005, 02:35 PM
I play with this same setup. My laptop is screen 1 and my 19"CRT is screen 2. As long as you have XP it is very simple to setup. Go to Display in your control panel and you will figure it out.

beyeond
01-24-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play with this same setup. My laptop is screen 1 and my 19"CRT is screen 2. As long as you have XP it is very simple to setup. Go to Display in your control panel and you will figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a "docking station" isn't needed? Sorry, i'm not that hardware educated like I said.

I'm assuming you would need two mouses hooked up, right?

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

messenger309
01-24-2005, 03:04 PM
I just posted the answer to this here multiple monitors (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1596442&page=2&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

Rob