PDA

View Full Version : AJs hand....

mtdoak
01-24-2005, 02:12 PM
With the small pot, is the fear of a flush C/R greater than any value I would get out of betting my Ace?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Entity
01-24-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the small pot, is the fear of a flush C/R greater than any value I would get out of betting my Ace?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, because unless they are abnormally aggressive, in a small pot, you're less likely to be getting the odds to call a raise here. So I think bet-folding to a checkraise would be good, unless they really seem likely to checkraise ATo or somesuch on this board, which few players will.

So yeah, bet the river.

Rob

spydog
01-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Because the turn was checked through, a made flush usually will fear another checkthrough and will normally bet the river. No reason to fear the CR here.