PDA

View Full Version : First visit to ACR

05-03-2002, 11:26 AM
I figure they offer a lot of freerolls so that's for me, a no-cost onlie poker site. I won't fund an account with my own money anywhere.

I play in an event called a 'sports bet' freeroll. I have no idea what I'm playing for but the opponents are folding so they take it seriously. The blinds are way too small for the bankroll, this will take a long time.

I get AA in the SB, all fold and I limp in to try to score (pot limit). My BB opponent has it set on auto-fold so I win w/o a flop!

Flash forward to 6th round. I've got 3 buy-ins now and looking good. the BB above hasn't played a hand, two to his left has played (almost?) nothing. I get AA again in late position and I raise the pot. Absent folder raises the pot! 2 to his left raises all in (with K4o)! I cover everyone and BB calls all-in. final board is 9 T T J Q. WTF?!? Lucky I'm not the suspicious type.

I guess you get what you pay for.

In general ACR would be great if you had a lot of time and 10 different accounts.

05-03-2002, 12:58 PM
The tourneys take too long. Their website estimates each takes 45 minutes, but that's usually when the first people start busting out.

It's frustrating when you spend 90 minutes to come in second and you get no money and you realize you could have made a lot more than that in cash games.

Doc.

05-03-2002, 06:21 PM
Doug, I think there is a bug (or bugs) in acr's tourney software because I saw that almost identical, strange behavior in a tourney I was in. I sent acr an email reporting this but haven't gotten a reply yet. In my case I was one of last three on a tourney table and one of other two players had obviously quit and was just sitting out as he/she had not played a hand in over an hour (yes, their tourneys do take FOREVER). Anyone, with the absentee player's BR just over double the BB, I raise with KK (this was a limit tourney) and absentee player's account reraises all-in rather than just calling the raise! Both of us 'real' players immediately wrote 'WTF!' in chat. Very strange. Absentee ended up losing but it was a bit strange.

Another tourney bug I noticed at acr--I raised on the button once when no one else had called, SB and BB both fold and the hand flopped! I was the only one in the pot and apparently I was the only one at the table who could see the flop cards (at least no one else would admit to seeing it). I bet out and the 'invisibile' player I was up against must have folded because I immediately won the hand and the next hand started.

05-03-2002, 07:36 PM

05-04-2002, 07:02 AM
"Anyone, with the absentee player's BR just over double the BB, I raise with KK (this was a limit tourney) and absentee player's account reraises all-in rather than just calling the raise! Both of us 'real' players immediately wrote 'WTF!' in chat. Very strange. Absentee ended up losing but it was a bit strange."

What happens with the absentee players is that anytime they are "within a bet" of being bust, they no longer fold, but rather go allin.

For example, lets say you're at the 100/200 limit and the absentee player has 250 chips left. You are SB and absentee is BB. Everyone else still in folds to you and you raise to 200 chips...well because absentee is now "within a bet"(100 chips using this example), it will re-raise you allin rather then just fold to you. Had you just called, absentee would have folded to you because it would not have been "within a bet".

Most likely this explains what happened with the original poster too, as with his BB opponent re-raising the pot might have brought the absentee within 400 chips(the betting limit at level 6) of being bust, causing it to re-raise allin.

Whether or not this is a bug or intended I do not know, but I do know that it is how the absentee works. I have no idea how other sites treat their absentees.